Terms of Endearment

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

KellieD

Terms of Endearment

Post by KellieD »

Losing Dante this week, I've come to realize how many things won't be a part of my vocabulary any more. I thought it would be fun to post our loving nicknames for our pets.
Dante was also known as Bum Puppy Slob Dog, Goofnuts, BDHS (Big Dumb Happy Slob). LBD ( Lazy Bum Dog), Ding Dong Dog, BBD (Big Black Dog) and a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head. They'll come to me and I'll post them.
So, what are some of the pet names you call your furkids??
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

This is a good one, thanks for posting this idea Kellie.

As you all already know, our cat's official name is Silver, but she almost always goes by Fuzz-Butt. We also call her Curious George, Kitty (how original!), Fur-Bag, the Spaz, Spoiled-Rotten-Little-Turd, and The Mighty Hunter (when she's chasing a fly in the house).

Andi
Attachments
KittyBox 101505.jpg
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Minnow
USDA Zone: 6
Location: Henderson County 35 19' 12.15" N 82 35' 40.40" W Elevation2143

Post by Minnow »

Other names for Gandalf the Gray! LEt me think a sec! :o :-? :roll: Fuzz Butt! Fuzzy Boy! Gray Boy!The Great Gray Vole Hunter! Hosta Muncher! Plenty more I can't think of right now!

So sorry to hear about your Dante! :cry:
Elizabeth

No man needs a vacation as bad as the man who has just had one.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Lets see..

Temper: Fatty Patty,or the latin "Fatimus Pattimus" (when she was on steroids she got really fat :lol:), The Queen,
Black girl, Great Fly Hunter (she loves to snatch flies out of the air).

Copper: Sissy, Princess, Brat, Dinosour Dog(She is really skinny and her spine is real prominent), Coppie.

Doc: Block Head, Dickie Doc, Docster, Brat Prince, and a few other things I can't mention!

Star (the horse): Black girl, Pretty girl, Pig Horse, Plug

I also have given my dogs middle names.

Temper Michelle
Copper Diane
Doc Holliday

I am sorry about the loss of your dog. I know how hard it is to lose one that has been such a big part of your life.

After we lost our first Boxer named Temper, I did not want another dog for a long time, but ... I got puppy fever bad within a couple of months and along came Temper II.

Ginger
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Hugo is also known as Huggy Bear, Huggy, Hug-a-lug, Buppy, and Hugh-gy.

Moon is Moonie

Flower is Brat.

And again I'm so sorry about Dante. :(
ZZTOPSOIL
Location: Oregon(O.S.U.~Go Beavers!)...In the Beautiful Willamette Valley!

Post by ZZTOPSOIL »

There's Only 1 Name that Always Comes to Mind.
For Our 'Samson'...

"My Buddy"
(And Now I'll Leave for a Tear or Two)
-Lelan.
~Growing for Today...Saving for Tomorrows~

My Hosta List
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

Now how could I forget Slobber Chops!!

Three guesses why he got that one! :eek:
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

So many, and they constantly rotate...

For Chewie: Chewie Lou, Lulu, Lulabelle, Chewerton, Chewmacco, Spanky McLou, the Hairy Thing, Wookums, Wookie.

Tuck: Tuckers, Boo-Boo, Mr. B, Big Boy, Fur puddle, Wun-tun (DP only).

Gracie: Miss Gee, Grace-a-lou, Prettuh-baby-girl (in descending sing-song :wink: ), Weejus, Weegie, Daddy's Little Killer.
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Slobber Chops!!! Oh, yes, I can vouch for that one. When I was there last month Dante left quite a trail of drool on me one morning. Remember Kellie? I swear, that stuff was like it had a life of it's own LOL!

And Mike - How are the three kittens adjusting to life at your new place? Are they enjoying more room to roam around?

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Snow

Post by Snow »

Oh wow~

Grace - aka Baby Grace, Gracikins, Graciegirl, Fluffernutter, Munchkin

Audrey - aka Odd, Tink, Audie, more to come I'm sure :wink:

Butch - aka Butchyboy, Mama's boy, Bubba, Forrest, Oldie-but-goodie

Pippi-Sue - aka Pipper, Miss Pip, Oldie-but-goodie, Pipsqueak

Smoke - Smokey, Smokums, Smokely Dokely

In memory ...

Mariah - Myrrkitty, Beauty Queen, Fluffernutter, Myrrh

Rascal - Feather, Ballerina, Rascal Anne, Rascally Rabbit
~*Snow*~
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Polly, my old Border Terrier is my Baby girl, my Snuggle bug :oops: :D :oops:
Pete, my JRT is Crazy dog, Rat on crack, Crack Rat, no good little Muth.......ah, well, I can't print most of his terms of endearment. :lol: :lol:
Thunder, My GSD is Big guy, Wolf dog, Sissy dog, The lamb in wolf's clothing, and Wus dog, cause he lets the crack rat shove him all over the place. :roll: No one at the Schutzhund club will believe he's such a wus at home. :lol: :lol: There, It's more like "The Bada$$ sombit(#." :D :wink: DW went to training with me once and said "where's Thunder?" "I don't want you to bring that dog home." She was laughing at the time.......thank goodness. :lol:
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Let's see...
Hunter (Collie) - Big Boy
P.J. (Shitz-zu) - Old Lady, PeeGee
Pearl (Shitz-zu) - Little Rip , Little B****
Kane (Shitz-zu) - Numb Nutts, Jack @$$
Chopper (Sheltie) - My Baby Boy, Spaz, So Sweet
Bell (Sheltie) - Darling, Belly
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Kellie, I'm very sorry to hear about Dante. Our pets become so much a part of us. Thoughts and prayers to you and Dante.

We have all sorts of endearing terms for our furkids but I am afraid to go through them. We are in the midst of losing one of our furkids to cancer. I awoke this morning to the sound of him vomiting. I probably sound a little selfish but I just don't have it in me to talk much about them. I'm actually a little afraid I'll jinx our surviving furbabies.

I've had fun reading everyone else's. They're so cute and conjure up all sorts of little pictures in my head.

Thanks for the thread. It cheers me up to read them.

Lionitus
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- Victor Hugo
janet

Post by janet »

Good thread, Kellie.

Meg (sheltie) - Megger, Meg O' My Heart (sung, of course), Little Girl

Aggie (cat) - Aggie-Sue (sung to the tune of Peggy Sue :oops: ), Agatha (used in the same instances that you would use your kids full name), and my daughter used to call her Ag-Bag (it's a type of silage storage)

Phoebe (cat) - we're still working on stuff...for now she's mostly called "get down"...sometimes "get down RIGHT NOW" :lol: (never before had a cat who wanted to explore behind the books in the bookcase, etc)

((Lionitus)) My thoughts are with you...you've had such a very rough year. :cry:
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
Kas

Post by Kas »

Well let's see here...

Liberty: Lib, Queen Dripslobber, Libber Snibber, The Criminal (she is an escape artist), Stink Butt (she's a boxer. nuff said), Pupper Wupper.

Pepe: Pepperoni, Hairball, Old Man (he is 14 or 15)

In memory, also

Lucky Bear: She was our Chow/GSD mix. It was Lucky who introduced me to Ray, her master and now my DH. I couldn't break up with him or I would lose Lucky Bear! So I had to marry him. Just kidding! (sort of :lol: ) When Ray came out to the West Coast to do his SERE School training and find a house to rent, I kept Lucky with me at college. I attended Auburn University in Alabama and so did Ray. Lots of people knew him and knew Luck because she would go to class with him and wait outside for him. One night I was at a party and someone came up to me and asked, "Hey, isn't that Lucky Bear? What are you doing with her? She's Ray Roberts' dog." I had to explain that I was his girlfriend and he was in California with the Navy and Luck was staying with me until Christmas. Anyway, she was called many things..

Luck, Luckster, Lucker Smucker, Smuckie Bear, Bear, Honey Bear, Fuzzy Bear.

She was the best dog.

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Blackkat

Post by Blackkat »

Tasha: Furcat, Tash, Schweets, Lil' Bear, Highness, The Queen, My Best Friend

Selena: Meowcat, Babykat, Lil' Punk Punk, Peaches, and when she's being pouty or demanding - Snookums, Princess, Sweetums

Tiffany: Angelcat, Tiff, Tiff-Tiff, Lil' Tiff, Bebs, Furball

In memory:

Sarah: Purrcat, Lil' Baby, Small Fry, Mighty Hunter
oldcoot

Seems we ALL have favorite named for our pets.

Post by oldcoot »

OC lost his Pooper Dawg this summer and he STILL misses him. Joy went on a cruise to the Bahammas with her Red Hat friends this week, and it's the first time OC has EVER
been left totally alone by him self. That's when he realized how much he really loved and misses that littled dog. His friend and companion..

That Old Coot named John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply