Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Westminster Dog Show

Post by LucyGoose »

Just to let you all know, it starts tonight on the USA channel tonight.... :D
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Cool! We watched agility last night!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Snow

Post by Snow »

I'm trying to watch that, the Olympics, AND 24 - ack!
~*Snow*~
janet

Post by janet »

The great thing about the herding group (my group of choice) is that you can forget to watch until the last hour and still see the whole group and Best in Show! :lol: Herding is always last.

There was an article in tonight's paper about a whippet being shipped back to California from the show that escaped from her crate on the tarmac as she was about to be loaded on the plane. They have called off the search at this point. It's a long shot, but I sure hope she turns up. :cry:
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Is that what happened to the dog??? I caught something on the news just in passing , but for some reason thought the dog had been kidnapped! I must have gotten that impression from something the owner said, but she was probably just hoping the dog would be found and returned safely to her.
I sure hope that will be the case. :(
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Well, I missed it all! I did read in the paper that the perky little terrier (can't remember his name for the life of me!)who has won a lot didn't make it to the final ring. Janet...could you be just a wee bit prejudiced in favor of the herding group? Hmmmm??? :lol: Me too. But then I love them all....
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
janet

Post by janet »

:oops: :oops: My devotion to herders, Shelties in particular, is pretty obvious I'm afraid. The handsome tri-colored Sheltie that took third in the herding group at Westminster (Am/Jap Grand Ch Pop Star SS of Northern Farm, CD) is kin to my beloved Meg. I liked everything in the group ring, except I get really tired of seeing Jimmy Moses (the GSD handler) strut around like he owns the world (and I just know OED could add a few choice thoughts on that subject as well :lol: ).
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Janet, Janet, Janet! Ya just can't let an old sleeping dog lie can ya! :lol: :wink: Jimmy #&(%!^$ Moses is everything that is wrong with AKC show dogs. I wouldn't let him clean my yard. That sloped, over angulated rear end on todays American Show Shepherds, aka ASS dogs, started in the late 60s, early 70s. Before that time there were many American bred German Shepherds that had both show AND working titles. Since mr. moses has come along, the breed has gotten steeper in the rear and so much more angulated that they can hardly move without doing their "flying trot". He has made statements that the working bred dogs should all be destroyed because they don't represent the "real" GSD. DUH!
I put 5 championships on 4 different breeds of dogs, so it's not like I'm knocking show dogs altogether, but there are certain breeds that just make me gag! I ADORE a true, FUNCTIONAL GSD. Lord knows, I've got a fantastic one! Let mr. moses climb on a Helicoptor, or rappel, or sit in a fire house with horns and sirens blairing, of fire a couple of hundred rounds from a shotgun over his dogs head, or anything else that I've done with my GSD from WORKING lines. THEN, I might start to look at the ASS dogs in a different light.......Well, not really! The're still side show freaks. I might add that My dog Thunder is one dern good looking dog.....if I may say so! :D :D :D :D
Good thing you got me in a good mood today Janet. :P :P :D :wink:
janet

Post by janet »

Well OED, all I can say is...where you been! :lol: Took you almost 21 hours to git your haunches over here and take the bait. How do you ever manage to keep up with Thunder, oh great one? :wink:

There are so many breeds that are being bred away from their function. Makes no sense at all to me, simply because the breed standard for pretty much every breed is intended to encourage the perpetuation of dogs that can live up to that function. It's getting worse and worse, imo. There's a huge difference between bench dogs and field dogs in the sporting group, just in looks alone, not to mention intelligence. Same with many in the herding group. The Europeans must think we're all crazy over here. :o
jd in nh
janet's list
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Well, with the new grqndbaby, I've been pretty busy. Seem that having an almost 4yr old, a 14month old, and now a new baby is just a little stressful on DD jackie, so we've been helping out more than we expected to. Everything is going fine, but the two older sisters were getting to be a handful. HOw my poor mom did it with 7 of us is beyond me. My brothers and sisters were really a pain. Course I was being a perfect little boy. :wink:
The other reason is that I've been avoiding the Westminister post cause I just KNEW sombody would pull my chain....... Janet! :lol: :P :wink: I don't try and keep up with Thunder. I just grab his leash and hang on for the ride, and it's a great ride! Did I say he was AWESOME?! :D :D :wink:
New Topic Post Reply