Got two

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Old earth dog

Got two

Post by Old earth dog »

legs towards Thunder's CD title this weekend. The subtle differences between AKC and Schutzhund scoring kept me out of the top 4, but 6 outa 27 wasn't to shabby. My first attempts, a few weeks ago showed a few flaws that I took care of. Now I'm going to make subtle little differences in my training and fix a few other things. I didn't think I was still as competative as I used to be. :roll: :lol: :lol:
We had a HUGE hail storm Saturday. Competing in a fairground barn building with a metal roof and golfball size hail, sure messed up a LOT of dogs in all the classes. Our three club dogs were almost yawning while they waited for the rings to start back up after the storm. Some of the people that weren't from the midwest sure got their shorts in a bunch over the hail storm. :eek:
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

:beer: Better make room on that trophy shelf ;)
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:beer: Congrats OED! And your right, 6 out of 27 is pretty darn good. Nothing wrong with wanting to be first and fine tuning though! :lol: I can just imagine the sound of the hail on the building... it had to be deafening! And I imagine a lot of the dogs were freaked! :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Super! Congrats!. When's the next show? Are you going to do Rally too? Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
scutter and shake that toy.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Congrats OED!

That is awesome that you and Thunder are doing so well.

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:beer: Bro!!
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

:cool: Congratulations! I expect next time you'll creep closer to the top. :) Musta been frightening for those non-Midwesterners to hear that hail on the roof, for dogs and handlers both.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Congratulations OED and doggies too! I've never owned a dog but have always admired show dogs and the people who keep and show them. I hope soon to own our first dog and I'm sure I'll be here LOTS to ask you for advice!

Way to go. Yaaaaa!

Lionitus
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- Victor Hugo
Snow

Post by Snow »

Awesome - keep it up :wink:
~*Snow*~
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

:beer: :beer:
Way to go OED and Thunder!

Ginger
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Hey congrats OED!!!!!!!!!!
And give Thunder a congrats hug from me to :D
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Thanks everyone! My primary training goal is to get a Sch III on Thunder. Along the way, there are quite a few other titles that I am looking forward to attempting. Hopefully, by the end of this year, I'll have his Sch I, possibly SchII. From the AKC, I'm going to try for his CDX after the CD. The AKC UD title would take away to much time in our Schutzhund training, but still may be in line later. There are also UKC titles that I'm going for, and a few from the American Bulldog club.
Lisa, I watched the Rally ring this weekend for the first time. That wasn't avalable 20-25 yrs ago when I was competing. It certainly looks like a fun way to work a dog, but not necessarily in line with my goals. Herding is another possibility, although the boundary style, or continental style herding that the GSD is known for, is seldom trained for. Agility would also be something I would consiider......if it wern't fer these old knees. :wink:
I do still keep up with Thunder's cadaver training but I'm afraid that field is being destroyed by a lack of good certification and unqualified people and dogs. FEMA, at this time, doesn't recognize cadaver dogs.
jay dee

two

Post by jay dee »

Congrats to you and Thunder. Were the shows in Belleville?

jay dee
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Congrats OED, Thunder will make it and drag you along! There has been a lot of things that have gone to pot in the last 6 years and I know you know what I refer to. :wink:
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Thanks everyone! Jay dee, this was at the Columbia Mo KC, at the Boone County Fair grounds. I have been in Belleville under similar circumstances. The Belleville shows were Breed only this past week or two.
K :wink:
New Topic Post Reply