Think good thoughts ***UPDATE*** GOOD NEWS! :)

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

patsue53

Think good thoughts ***UPDATE*** GOOD NEWS! :)

Post by patsue53 »

Since my Sylvie kitty disappeared a couple of years ago I forced my other two cats (Sylvie's babies) to become house cats. It was a rough transition but they finally seemed to settle into it. They'd sneak out occasionally but always came right back in. Until earlier this week. Somehow Moonie got out and I havn't seen him since Monday. He's done this before and been gone as long as 10 days but I get so worried about him when it happens. I almost think there's another family who takes him in and tries to keep him because he always comes back just as enormously fat as he was when he left.

So please keep good thoughts for my sweet Moon. He's such a nice kitty but a real wuss about thunderstorms and strange people. I'm going to the animal shelter tomorrow to see if they have him and I'll be posting his picture around. Keep your fingers crossed, please! (Flower kitty misses him.....he keeps walking around doing little mews like he's calling him. )
Attachments
moon.red.JPG
Last edited by patsue53 on Jun 05, 2006 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

OH! I hope you find him. I know what it is like to have one of your furkids go missing. Will be sending positive thoughts your way!

Ginger
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Oh Pat, I will keep all of you in my thoughts... I hope Moon comes home very soon!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

I'll be thinking about him, Pat. I hope your guy comes home soon.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Pat, I hope he comes back home soon! I would be a nervous wreck too! I freak out when Wilbur sneaks out once or twice a year, but we have been lucky we always have been able to catch him afte chasing him around the yards.
HUGS

Debbie

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed here. :wink:
Blackkat

Post by Blackkat »

I will definitely keep Moonie in my thoughts and pray he comes home soon. This has happened to me on occasion and it is very distressing.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Oh {{Pat}} It's worse than having kids not come home at night! :cry: Poor guy, but you are probably right about him having found someone's house to shelter in.

My brother keeps his bedroom window open with a plastic cover hangin loosely so his kitty can come and go while he at work. About 2 weeks ago, he came to find another cat had come in with him and made himself at home! :o

Maybe it's just his vacation time but we'll keep him in good thoughts and offer a prayer for his safe keeping till he returns home to you both. Dang kitties, just keep us on our toes!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Darn it all, Pat. I hate it when that happens. I hope you are right, and he's sitting in someone else's house eating yummy treats. Then he'll have to do his escape artist tricks to get away from them and come home!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I hope your handsome boy comes back home soon...and stays put!!! I know how distressing it is when they manage to get out and disappear for a while. You can't help but worry. :( I'll send good thoughts your way.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Thank you all. He still hasn't come home. :( But I havn't lost hope yet. He's been gone longer than this in the past.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Oh Pat! I hope Moonie comes home safe and sound! If he isn't fixed.. he's prob. just catting around. Keep us posted! He's a beaut!!
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
Snow

Post by Snow »

Poor Pat - that is scary, I know how sick with worry you must be. Everything's crossed to bring Moonie back home this instant!
~*Snow*~
amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

(((HUG)))
My prayers are with you and Moom so he returns home.

Ann
~dirtbug~

Post by ~dirtbug~ »

positive thoughts for your moonies safe and happy return!!!
~feral flowers family~
cheyenne 14yrs
indianna 10 yrs
chance 9 yrs
kelsey 6 yrs
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Moonie's HOME!! :D :D :D

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes.
I went outside at 2am and there he was on the patio!!!! :o
He seemed very happy to come into the house and spent 15 minutes giving me head butts and getting his tummy rubbed. Now he's chowing down. :lol: :lol:

He doesn't seem to be much thinner but I think he's been in a fight with another kitty. I can feel little scabs on his ear and his paw pads and ears feel warm like he might have a fever. Poor baby.

I'm so relieved to have him home! I was really starting to think that he was gone for good this time. I told him that he's "Grounded for LIFE!" (or until he sneaks out again.)
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:D Thank Heavens he's home! WHew!

Now as for those bites. You really should keep a good eye on them, or even get him into the vets. I remember one of cats as a child having a very nasty open wound that festered from a cat bite. They can get infected badly. Please have him checked it out if you think it's infected!

Poor guy..........2 am show, huh? Catting you think? :) I bet he'll sleep well for a week! :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Oh Pat that's GREAT news! I'm so glad to hear he's home!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Blackkat

Post by Blackkat »

Pat, that is such wonderful news!!! I've checked this thread often to see if Moonie came back and am relieved to see you've been reunited. Sorry to hear he's got some battle scars and hopefully they aren't too bad. My cats have bitten each other resulting in infections that have cost me $$$ because I either discovered them too late or I didn't think the bite was serious at the time. Our furcats can be a trial, but ya gotta love them anyway!
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Thanks to you all for caring! :D As far as his wounds go, there are no open wounds that I can see but I did have a cat develop a bad abcess once from a puncture wound after being in a fight. I have some antibiotics that my DD's kitten was taking for an so-called eye infection. She was such a pistol to get them down (and I really saw no sign of an infection) that we didn't finish them. I'm giving them to Moon to see if that helps with his "hot paws."
New Topic Post Reply