Wilbur has caught two miceand counting!!!!

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Tundra_Queen

Wilbur has caught two miceand counting!!!!

Post by Tundra_Queen »

I didn't even know we had mice in the house until I started finding bodies upstairs in the hallway and behind the couch!! I thought they were his play mice and almost had a heart attack when I picked them up and saw pink tails!! :eek: :eek:

I don't know how he is catching them seeing as he is an indoor cat with no claws, but I guess he likes these new toys that move when he plays with them. :lol:

It has been such a wet summer I guess some have come into the house somewhere.

He just lays at the basement stairs for hours and hours, waiting.How would of thunk it tht this cat would be able to catch a mouse. I sure hope he keeps it up until he gets them all!

Debbie
Last edited by Tundra_Queen on Jul 23, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

:lol: :lol: :lol: So Little Wilbur is quite a hunter, huh? I guess if there are mice around, it's good to have a cat like Wilbur! He may not have front claws, but he's got sharp teeth!

Give Wilbur a "atta boy" scratch on his chin from me!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Way to go Wilbur!! He certainly deserves a pat and a scratch! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Yep, he's turned into the great white hunter! :lol:

And he is eating better now too! He wasn't eating 1/2 a cup of food a few weeks ago. I had to pet him every time he ate just to get him to eat more. But he's doing much better now. I just wish he'd leave the corpses where I could see them and NOT step on them! :lol: When I found them I did tell him good boy and then I say,,, Go find the mouse! That is what we call his toys,,so he goes back looking for more. :lol:

I do have to get a live traps though, just in case there are more in the house. I have the sanp traps but don't want wilbur to get his paw stuck in those.

Wilbur.....fetch! :lol:

Debbie

Justme

Post by Justme »

You go Wilbur. :D

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Good boy, Wilbur!! Some cats are just natural hunters and apparently Wilbur is one of them. :wink: It seems they rarely like to leave their prey where you can readily see them. One of our cats left one in my DD's shoe one time! What a surprise she got that morning!!! :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

TQ, remember when Wilbur first came into your life?? I was thinking about that just the other day. You've come a long way with him from your first post about him.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Make that #3!

Son found one under the good chair in the livingroom!! :eek: Because of my poor sight I can smell em but can't see em on the oriental carpets!

Debbie

patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

You go WILBUR!!! :D

My old cat Taffy had no front claws and only about 4 teeth but he could hunt with the best of them. A bunny nest was never safe from that old guy! A Hunter is a Hunter !
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Pat, I just never expected him to do this! He never had much energy before. :lol: I'm going to have to get a hockey stick so I can keep checking under the funriture for bodies. :lol:

Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

:lol: :lol: I just got this great visual of Debbie with a hockey stick lurking through the house, swinging the stick under the furniture, and Wilbur sitting over in the corner giggling madly.. here little mousie :lol: :lol:

Get um Wilbur!

Ginger
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Way to go, Wilbur! Wait til he brings you his catch, and offers to share it with you. I had a cat who would do that. She liked to leave the choice parts for me.... :lol:
She caught a mouse one day when we were all wrapped up in watching a movie, and since no one patted her on the head and took her offering, she walked over to the tv and tossed it up in the air right in front of the tv, it landed on top of the tv, and then she stalked off. We all fell on the floor laughing.
Ginger...I got the same pic you did, and was already laughing about it when I read your post.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Linda,,,,,Ewwwwwwwww :lol:

And yep, I am still looking for bodies with the hockey stick! I don't want to pick up another one bare handed again thinking it was one of his play mice! :eek: I might strap a flashlight onto it so I can see better under the furniture to! :lol: :lol:

Debbie

Nathalie23

Post by Nathalie23 »

At least, your cat is a real cat!!! Mine :-? , just sit and did nothing for the mouse who came in your house last fall :eek: . I was not very proud of him... :roll: :lol:
Nathalie

I usually speak french so sorry for my mistakes in english
Nathalie23 Hosta List
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

My cat is an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat. He has no front claws either. But that doesn't stop him from catching prey. Mice, frogs, rabbits, chipmunks. etc. Because he catches so many, and eats some of them, I dose him regularly with a worm medicine, since rhodents can carry parsites. I also keep the triangular stickly mouse traps behind furniture. He brings live prey into the house and looses it. And I use the triangular stickys rather than the flat ones, because the cat has gotten them stuck to his paws and tail. And it is awfull trying to unstick. CHAR
Happiness is making a bouquet of those flowers within reach ! ! !
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

My sense of humor is really off today. I am giggling like an idiot at the visual of your cat trying to shake off, and get away from, the sticky trap on his feet and tail!

I need a vacation :o

Ginger
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

OK, we are up to NUMBER 4 NOW!! :eek:

Here I was minding my own business watching a scary movie last night when I heard this noise coming from the landing at the back door. I thought OR I was HOPING Wilbur was just playing with a string or something.....right?

Well,,,, he comes into the living room and sits about 3 ft away from me. I thought oh ok,,, he is just checking out the fan that is in the corner of the room.

WRONG!!! He releases a mouse!! But then he runs and catches it again. I said good Wilbur NOW BITE IT AND TAKE IT INTO THE PORCH!!

Nope.....he releases it again...and runs and catches it. I am thinking.... I don't like this at all. I get up to leave the room,,,but then the little bugger releases it again and this time it runs over to me! :eek: :eek: That time I squealed and jump back onto the couch and pull my feet up! Scary movie and loose mice NOT a good combination!

He caught it and I'm trying to get him out into the front porch so I could close the door and lock them both out there. But what does he do? He walks into the dining room and lets it go and it runs under the organ pedals!! *ugh*

Bad kitty,,, bad kitty. He couldn't get at it. So I said the heck with this,,, and went to bed and closed the bedroom door,,, so he couldn't bring it into the bedroom. YUK! That's all I needed was a dead mouse laying on the sheets when I woke up,,, sort of like the horses head in The Godfather movie!

Anyways, Gary found the mouse this morning,,, dead! And I"M NOT telling that cat to go get the mouse anymore,,,, until we can get the trap, which hopefully will be in next Tuesday! A cat who can fetch sometimes isn't a good thing. :lol:

Ginger, I thought of the sticky traps but was afraid of him getting stuck too. :lol:

I have never seen the triangle ones,,, why doesn't the cat get stuck in those?

Debbie

New Topic Post Reply