Think Of my Curtie Please! Updated!! :-(

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Think Of my Curtie Please! Updated!! :-(

Post by LucyGoose »

Besides us going up to Hallson's tomorrow, our Curtis boy is having surgery again for those durn bladder stones ....He has been in the kennel now for a good week or more cause he started to come by me here and peeing those little pee's, so I took him in and sure enough, just like last year at this time......not a couple , nope he has the kind that are tiny and millions......the vet called down to Purdue even to see if there was a better way to do him cause they fall back into the urethra, and they have to flush him so much.....well, I guess she IS going to do it a tad different, but she is not looking forward to it, and then they do make this thingy that you insert into the ureatha and then it balloons at the end to shut off that part so the stones couldn't get in there but they don't make them small enough.....Sooooo poor Curtis is in for a rough ride again.......We have talked about it and if this comes back next year, well........He will see Kibbie and Stanley......It is too hard on him and lets face it, it's expensive.... I feel so bad for him.....He is on the special diet and that is it and drinks only distilled water. So we are doing everything there is to do to try and prevent them.....When he starts that peeing the little dribbles, he is also peeing pink, so he is passing them, and that hurts and well that is not fun to live like that. I will spend extra time in the bathroom with him brushing tonight.....he loves that.....

So if you could, think of him in the morning and I hope it goes lots better for him and the vet this time around.....She is so good....

Thanks a lot!!!! :D
Last edited by LucyGoose on Aug 17, 2006 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

I hate to hear this. I used to be addicted to the Animal Planet show "Emergency Vets". I remember a couple with three Schnauzers who ALL had recurrent bladder stones.

I hope this new procedure will help alleviate what I know is a terribly uncomfortable problem for Curtis.

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:( Oh poor Curtis. I hope he recovers from his surgery quickly and is not in too much pain.
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Ah Lucy, I'm so sorry poor Curtis has to go thru this again. I hope this time around it will be easier on him. Bless his heart.
{{HUGS to Curtis and You}}

Debbie

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

(((((((((((((((((((Lucy and Curtis))))))))))))))))))))
Fingers, eyes and toes crossed for a fast, easy recovery! :wink:
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

(((((((Lucy, Jay and Curtie))))))) I hope things go well and it's not so rough on him this time.

I'll see you later.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

You and Curtis are in my prayers. (((((Lucy and Curtis)))))
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- Victor Hugo
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Poor Curtis! That has got to be painful. Poor baby. I sure hope the vet can flush them all out and I hope they don't come back again. I'll be sending good thoughts and lots of prayers your way for a good outcome. (((LG, Jay, and Curtis)))
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Poor Curtis. :(
I had a cat that had this problem. It happened twice. I fed him a low ash content cat food and it never happened again. I hope Curtis' outcome is as good. (((HUG)))
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Aww I'm sorry. Poor Curtis. Hope all goes well!
And I hope it dosn't come back, that has to be really painful.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

The poor baby. I'm sorry, Lucy. I hope this goes well for Curtis. Give him a pet for me.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Everyone!!

Can't wait to call in the morning to see what's going on.....

Pat, he is on special food.....they still came back....:-(
Snow

Post by Snow »

(((((((Curtis))))))))
~*Snow*~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Everyone!!

Curtis is home and eating good......The vet said he doesn't eat when he is there.....Just a little bitty bit.....He ate good for me.....Plus his belly isn't all bruised like the last time.....I talked to the vet tonight when she called and I guess besides the special food, I have to get vit-B6, and this other stuff from the drug store here in Munster that will make it taste good for cats/dogs......it is something that will lower the ph of his pee......Oh man, this sounds like lots of fun.....it has to be given 2 times a day......in a month we need to get a urine sample for her.....

But all in all I guess he is doing good!!!

Thanks again!!!!! :D
Snow

Post by Snow »

You get used to stuff like that, when you have to do it regularly. Hope it works for Curtis!
~*Snow*~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

I'm so glad he's home and doing fine! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I know they will probably come back, but let's hope it's not for a good long time. Glad he's home and eating now. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi there!! Well, it's not good news......We took Curtis in to take his stitches out yesterday afternoon, and I told the vet how he has been acting for the last few days.....not eating much, and just having a crabbie looking face and I thought I had seen that he stumbled in the hind area getting in and out of the litter......well, he had a 105.1 fever and his belly felt hot and swollen..... :( I feel terrible like I should have had him into the vet 2-3 days sooner.....needless to say they kept him......I sure hope he is going to be alright.....poor thing.....I will call later today or even run over there to see whats going on and let you know..... :cry:
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Poor baby. :( I hope they can get him better soon. Hang in there Lucy.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Oh, drat it, LG. I hope he's okay. I haven't been to the pet forum in a while, so this thread was kind of a roller coaster ride. I"ll check back to see how he's doing.
(((LG)))
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply