Postive vibes for Copper please

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Postive vibes for Copper please

Post by Ginger »

Copper has been to the vet twice now because of one of her eyes. The vet first thought she had scratched her cornea, but after 14 days of anitbiotics and eye creams the eye is worse. I took her in this morning before I came to work, and the vet is pretty sure they will have to close the eye. She said it looks like the cornea is trying to seperate from the eye, and she has a huge blood spot.

I felt so terrible leaving her there, she has never had to have any type of surgery before and I know she is scared.
When I called my DH to tell him, I could not help but cry.

I know the vet will do everything she can, I have the upmost faith in her, but the thought of Copper only having one eye is awful. Please think about her today.

I will let you know more Monday.

Ginger
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Aww poor thing! I'll be thinking of you and copper.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Thanks Annie! She is having surgery now. DH went by and checked on her on his way home from work. He took her out to pee and she sure wanted to get in the car and come home. :cry: They are keeping her overnight so I should be able to pick her up tomorrow. DH went by before the surgery so we do not know if they will be able to save the eye yet.
Keep your fingers crossed

Ginger
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG, Ginger!!! How sad!! I sure will think of your baby....Bless her heart!

(((((Ginger)))))) ...(((((((Copper))))))
Snow

Post by Snow »

Awe :(
~*Snow*~
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:( :( Poor baby. I hope all went well and they could save her eye.

If not then at least she'll be out of pain and free of infection.
That Boxer spirit won't stay down for long and I predict she'll bounce right back. (((HUG)))
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Poor baby! I know how traumatic it is for Copper and her family. I sure hope the surgery went well and she will recover quickly. (((Ginger)))
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I just want to let you know that, even if they can't save the eye, she'll do fine. My sis has a little rat terrier who lost one eye, and and a few years later went blind in the other. People who don't know he's blind can't believe it.
I'm glad that they will be able to relieve her pain, and I know you can't wait to get her home.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
impatience

Post by impatience »

Ginger, I just now saw this post!

I hope everything went well with Copper's surgery. Am sending good vibes from here! Let us know as soon as you can how both you and Copper are doing!
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Aww....just noticed this post too! Please know I'm sending a ton of positive vibes your way.....p :wink:
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Thanks so much to all of you. I picked her up early Sat morning and she is doing fine. They did not have to take her eye, but did have to scrape the cornea and re attach it. They sewed the inner eye lid closed and part of the outer eyelid so she has these big long white stitches which make her look like she has long white eyelashes :o Other than that she seems fine. She was glad to be home and her sister and brother were glad to have her back :lol: She has been getting lots of extra TLC from everyone. I take her back to the vet to remove the stitches and check the eye this coming Saturday. Hopefully it will be healing nicely.

Ginger
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:( Oh Ginger, I'm so sorry to hear about Copper's eye but glad the surgery went well and she's home with you! Hopefully she's healing nicely and making a quick recovery!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

I'm so glad she didn't have to lose her eye. I hope her recovery goes well. :)
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Copper is doing nicely. The eye is staying clean, no discharge that I can see. She hates taking her pills, so I have to stuff them down her throat twice a day :o , but, other than that she is her normal spoiled self. She's not called the princess for nothing :lol: :lol:
We go back to the vet this Saturday and the stitches should come out.

Ginger
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Sounds like it was a good outcome. Hope all will continue to be well when those stitches come out. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:beer: Ginger!! That's good to hear!! :D
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Ginger, I'm so glad they didn't have to take the eye and that everything seems to be doing well. :-)

Debbie

Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Copper got her stitches out Saturday and boy is her eye red :eek: It looks like the Terminator eye :o The vet said it will be that way for awhile, but she will be able to see once the redness goes away :D She is all happy now, no more pills but she does have to have an ointment put in her eye twice a day. It must burn a bit because she immediatley wants to rub it on everything. I was going to take a pic, but would have to use the flash and did not want the bright light to hurt her eye. The red is kinda awesome though.
Thanks again for all your wonderful comments and positive thoughts!!

Ginger
amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

(((Ginger, Cooper and family)))

Continued best wishes for a speedy recovery!
New Topic Post Reply