Do u think male or female cats like to cuddle more?

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Do male or female cats like to cuddle more?

MALE
86%
FEMALE
14%

Total votes: 14

Tundra_Queen

Do u think male or female cats like to cuddle more?

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Hi
I was just wondering if u think male or female cats like to cuddle more?

Debbie

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I said male.....that is what mine were like anyway.....but I really think they both can cuddle......just like people, each is different.......Out the door to work....Have a safe Friday the 13th! :D
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

All the males I've ever had were lovers! Females always seemed to want to be left alone. Our son has one very nasty female that intimidates and harrasses the male.
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

I am surprised that u both said males were more cuddly. Wilbur is the only cat I've owned and he is not cuddly, so I thought maybe females would be more cuddly. Interesting.

Any one else?

Debbie

JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

I agree . . . males are more social. Perhaps not outside roaming toms, but when it comes to housecats, girls are moody and mean, the boys just want to be loved!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Justme

Post by Justme »

In the 23 years I have been married I have had 5 cats. 3 Females and 2 males. 2 of the females were snooty cats, who generally hated to cuddle. Both males were very (are)cuddly and lovey. My only cuddly female is my shelter rescue cat, Kanga. She was extremely lovey the first 6 to 9 months we owned her, she now is roaming the yard like the other cat and is more standoffish as she is fitting into pet household.

I think I prefer male dogs to female dogs also. Have had better luck with them.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

We have our old girl FuzzButt who HATES to be held unless it is exactly on her terms. Our two new boys, on the other hand, are the biggest snugglers you could imagine. Monkey gets in this mood where he just can't get close enough to you, tries to wedge himself under your chin, and he is purring and nuzzling so hard that he actually drools!

Definitely the boys...

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Snow

Post by Snow »

I voted male - in general. Truth is, the cuddliest I've ever had were females. Gracie is one of them, Mariah was another. Cuddly cuddly cuddly little bears :wink:
~*Snow*~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

I have to agree that I think that males are more cuddly. Maggie is the first female cat I've owned and you don't pick her and love her... you wait until she comes to you! :lol: My new kitty, Harry, you can pick up anytime and he just goes limp in your arms and purrs! :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I didn't cast a vote. I was thinking I would vote for males, but then Buttercup (my older female) jumped up on me and proceded to purr and snuggle with me. :lol: I have (and have had) females and males who liked to snuggle and others that didn't want to be held, so it's a toss up. :???:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Gee, I always thought females would be more loving but since I heard all about the males I don't know what to think. I have been thinking about "maybe" adopting a kitten from the shelter sometime in the future,,, (don't tell hubs) and I just wanted to get a heads up on which sex is more cuddly, maybe I will have to get one of each. :lol:

Wilbur will give kisses on my fingers and lays beside me on the couch to watch tv, but he doesn't lay touching me, he lays on the other end of the couch and he doesn't like to be picked up for very long,,, about five seconds.I just wish he'd like to cuddle.

Debbie

Snow

Post by Snow »

The actual cuddlers I've had - those that want to be on me or touching me all the time - were/are girls. My boys just want to be petted 24/7 :wink:
~*Snow*~
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

snow, yes Wilbur doesn't mind to be petted,,, most times,,, when he gets tired though he will bite.... :lol:

patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

I've owned mostly boy cats and all of them have been cuddlers except the new kitty Kole that DD left with me. But I think he's probably been traumatized and abused by a former owner so I'll give him a pass.

The one female I owned, Sylvie, was a sweetheart but the only time she demanded cuddles was when her food dish was empty. :lol:
New Topic Post Reply