My spoiled girls

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

My spoiled girls

Post by party_music50 »

I found myself standing in the local Humane Society office in the middle of January.... after telling them my story, each person who worked there tried to convince me to take *their* favorite cat. In a moment of weakness and COMPLETE insanity, and after doing a full face-to-face "purr test", this is what I have to look at every day. <grin>

MaryJane. Approx. 1+ year old. They gave her the name, and other than 'wild woman' nothing else really fits. lol!

This is the amazing Morgan. Est. 10 months old now. They gave her the name and it's perfect. She LOVES to ride in the car, has NO fear, sounds more like a chicken than a cat, and can jump anywhere silently and bend her body around anything. Oh... she has a weird face too, but her hair is *perfect*. lol!

I call her Esme -- or Sumo when I'm making fun of her. :lol: She's very sweet and gentile (here cleaning Morgan). Est. 4 years old:

And last is my little one.... we call her Heidi. She's probably around 7 months old now, and a complete delight. This photo best shows her odd coloring and playful personality:

Thanks for looking! They are all wonderful! :D
Last edited by party_music50 on Jun 04, 2007 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

They're all wonderful! I sure wish every cat in a shelter had someone like you to take them home and spoil them! We've adopted/rescued our three and spoil them rotten too.

I wish we could bring every single shelter cat home with us, but old FuzzButt's still working on forgiving us for bringing home Monkey and Jet, and it's been well over a year now LOL!.

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Awww, these are great pictures. Good for you for giving them a loving home! I have two rescue kitties.
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

All sweeties! :D

And white cats? Is it something in their genetics? Ours has some orange on her, but is mostly white and her name 'Lucifer', but most often she's called 'Lucy' these days. :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

What sweet kitties! Great pictures.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

They are all just beautiful! And Heidi certainly does have some unique coloring! You can see a bit of this and a bit of that in her. :wink:
And Bless your heart for taking the four of them! Goodness knows there are so many abandoned pets out there that need good and loving homes like you have provided. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG, your pictures are just excellent!! Size, quality and just the prettiness (is that a word?) of the cats! I am glad you took the 4 of them....Bless your heart! I love little Heidi! So soft looking! Whatever you do, your pictures are perfect!All the kitties are pretty! Thanks so much for sharing! :D
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

What a beautiful bunch of girls you have. Do they get along all right? Ours spat all the time. Lovely photos, thanks for posting them! :)
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

Thank you all for the comments and compliments! Yes, it broke my heart to leave ANY of the cats there. I wished I could have rescued all of them, but I felt like I was at least doing everything possible by taking four of them. :)

We *literally* did a "purr test" to check for compatibility. We gathered in a circle, holding all four cats faces together. They all purred, so that was it! (we actually considered a fifth cat, but she growled on the purr test. :(

They get along WONDERFULLY! There has never been a single spat between them -- and they are lavished with attention, affection, and have the run of the house and yard, of course! The above photos were taken within the last couple of weeks. This photo was taken after we had them for only a few days, if it tells you anything (LOL!):

And, BTW, there *is* something about all-white cats. She actually picked us by reaching down from a top cage and batting us on the head. She was so wild and crazy that I wondered if we'd survive her, but she quickly turned into a wonderful friend. :)
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Wow, beautiful girls and they look so healthy and happy! I especially like that last pic. I don't know alot about cats, so I am glad to hear about the purr test! I can use that!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

Oh my goodness . . . what a wonderful story and happy ending for four lucky kitties. Thank you so much for helping make their lives better. There's not too many people who take home four. . .thank you again!!!!
Rookie_Green_Thumb

Post by Rookie_Green_Thumb »

That last pic is priceless! They look great. I tend to favor all white animals....I think it is the Japanese that believe they are lucky (?). Anyhoo...I like the all white.

Your girls look beatutiful, happy, and healthy! Congrats on adding them to your family!
Jaime
Justme

Post by Justme »

What beautiful kitties! How lucky you are to have them :wink: :lol: My younger cat is a rescued kitty. She had been in the shelter almost 2 years waiting for a home :cry: I have never regretted adopting her.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

They are all gorgeous! Bless you! :D
New Topic Post Reply