Wish Us Luck!

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Wish Us Luck!

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi All!!

I just wanted to let you all know that Willie and I have our last basic obedience this wensday night.....I have been working him a lot this last few days. I want to win the pressie! :lol: ....He was the worst going in and I hope the best at the end....They taught us to sit, down, stay, come, and off.......not in that order....:lol:.....DH has been helping and I grab whoever is around....strangers, kids....whoever.....the big test I think will be the *stay*......I have a girlfriend that went through this same obedience class and she told me how they test you at the end.....Willie has been doing great.....Jay will bounce a ball, roll it past him....asks if he wants to go for a ride in the car, and he doesn't move till I say *break*.......He is so into it, too...I love this little guy....he pretty much keeps his eye on me.....I just hope I have him trained enough for the instructors though......I want the pressie!! :lol:

Well, that is part of the reason I have been scarce....I will let you all know how he/I does/do....

Thanks for listening! :D
Attachments
I know I have posted this all over the place, but it's a favorite....:-)...Thanks again!
I know I have posted this all over the place, but it's a favorite....:-)...Thanks again!
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Wish you guys the best...sounds like you have been working really hard. :D Be sure to have someone take pics at the class...you don't want to miss that "moment".

Good luck! :D :D :D

GO WILLIE!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

OH OH GOOD LUCK!!! What is the prize??????
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

It sounds like you two are doing great. The old bouncing ball trick is super hard for my golden but like you, we practiced and now he'll "stay" till I say "Ok". I have a Pappy in my Agility glass. I'm not sure how low the jumps will have to be for him but he does the tunnel and the "hoop" like a trooper. Keep up the good work and you'll get a ribbon upon your graduation, dog show. Later, Love, Lisa
P.S. That photo is Carol and her AAT dog. We worked the Dog Expo booth together this Feb.
Attachments
jada and carol smaller.jpg
jada and carol smaller.jpg (48.7 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

I hope you two win! Keep practicing, double up until class. Good Luck!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks!!

We just came in from working Willie....He loves working! It's so hot here that I went easy on him. We sat in town on a bench in the shade. It's windy so not too bad out, if your not working or moving....:lol:....I really don't know what the pressie will be....They just said last week that they will have a few pressies.....So who knows. I just want it! :lol: So far DH, my neice and her boyfriend are coming to watch. I am telling everyone.... :lol: I will for sure have Rachel take the pictures as Jay is kinda like Pat in the picture department! :o Did I just say what I thought I said? :o :lol: .. :lol: .. :wink:

Thanks for the wishes, and Lisa, that is a great picture! :D
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Crossing fingers and we'll be thinking positive thougths for you both! :D Let us know rigth after class, we'll be here waiting to hear the great big ribbon he wins his first time in grad school! :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Good luck , LG and Willie!!! I know you will do fine, but I'll be anxiously awaiting the report! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Good luck Lucy and Willie!!! I know you can do it! :D

Scratch my new little friend's ears for me.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Good luck Willie! (And LucyG too!) :lol: Keep us posted on your big win. :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Good luck, LG and Willie. Hey, if there's a pressie, shouldn't Willie get it? :???: Or maybe there'll be one for handler and dog?
Even if you don't win the pressie, you've won the prize of having a well-trained, well-behaved pup, and think of all the confidence the training has given you, too!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Good luck tonight, LG and Willie! I'll be rootin' for ya!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

I missed this yesterday! How did it go?!?! I bet Willie was fantastic and made you very proud.

Please report in soon!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
nanny_56
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Just take deep breathes & relax.....

Good Luck!

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi kids!! :lol:

It tonight!! Last week it was the 4th, so it is tonight....My sister, niece and boyfriend are coming to watch and of course DH.....gotta run to work......I will let ya know tonight!

Thanks everyone!!!
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Ok Lucy, are you and Willie out partying it up? I hope he made you proud.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

No partying it up for us! I must have been nervous and he sensed it cause even today while out on our walk he was bad....barking and carrying on when another dog was around...then we get there tonight and he was just like the first class.....bad.... :evil: .... He did the commands good, just acted like a fool with the other dogs.....one instructor commented on it, too.... :oops: ......he did finally settle down ( and me too.....me first then him...:lol:)....for the end for the little tests......Now that was fun.....They would have you sit your dog.....one command.....stay your dog....one command......step out in front of him and while he is in a stay, they did things to distract them.....just talking saying things like *you want to go for a ride in the car?* or *you want a cookie?*.... :lol: ....Willie stayed good and it was him and one other.......(oh, I should say if your dog moved out of the stay, you just went and sit down).........then came the squeaky toy......up he came.... :lol: ....then there came the down your dog and stay......Willie did good till the frisbee was thrown.....they had one of the little cloth ones.......about 5 dogs got up.....:lol:.....it was fun......I am going to sign him up for the next class......Now I can't remember what they called it....CBC or something like that......Friday I am going to go pay and I will have 6 weeks to get him ready.....To take the test from the AKC, (on week 7) he can not show any aggression.....he does with dogs that act like him...... :lol: .....or are male.....so when I talked to Bro tonight, he told me a few things to do again......I hope I can break this of him......but guess what? It was all MY FAULT.... :lol: I get wound up and then my voice is high pitched....:lol: and then Willie reads that......the instructor told me to lower my voice to a mean low tone......and guess what...it worked....

He/we got a nice certificate, too!

I thank you all for listening....Off to bed with me.....Willie did pretty good, just didn't play good with others.....:lol: :wink:
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Sounds to me like he did pretty good for a beginner!! Good for you for sticking with the training. I truly meant to keep it up with Hugo but his post puppy class got cancelled due to lack of students and I never did get him signed up for another class. I doubt he'd even pass puppy class now! He sits and settles on command and that's about it. :(

Good Going Willie!! (he is so darned CUTE!)
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Awww, it sounds like he still did very well. :D So who did win the pressie?

Is your next class Advanced Obedience working toward a Canine Good Citizenship title (CBC)?
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
pauhaus

Post by pauhaus »

Next time LG and Willie! What were the prizes and who won? :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
New Topic Post Reply