Cat on a walk...

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Cat on a walk...

Post by doublemom2 »

I've never posted photos of Monkey on his harness and leash, so since I'm supposed to be working right now, I think this is a perfect time LOL!

Neither Jet nor Kiki will allow us to put a harness on them, so they have to be satisfied with their outdoor enclosure. Monkey, on the other hand, is just like a dog when he sees his leash, and we're taking him farther and farther each day on his walks, now part way down our road instead of just in the back yard. It's fun to freak our neighbors out as well LOL!

Isn't he handsome in his royal blue duds?

Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Awwww, he's a little panther! ROOOOOWWWRRR
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

OMGOSH! :lol:

I tried ONE time to get a cat into a harness! One of those what do they call them? 6 Point? It has one ring aroung the neck, and two others all connected on the top and bottom! I swear I couldn't get a finger under the circle, but the cat was out of it in 3 seconds flat! She flopped and threw such a fit, I thought she'd strangle, but I couldn't get to her to get her loose and all of a sudden she took off and ran away! A real hudini!

Love your Monkey! Did I mention this Lucy (aka Lucifer) that did that! :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Blue is definitely his color. He could not be cuter, and boy, does that bring back memories. I brought my small town, free-roaming cat to the city with me in my mid-20's and he had to become an indoor kitty. Our street was high traffic and I knew he'd be hit in no time if he was allowed out. Needless to say he was not in the least pleased with this arrangement, and was very vocal about it - often. I decided to get him a harness and leash so he could go out in the back yard. The very first time I put it on him he was like a fish out of water, flopping and flipping all over the place and making an unholy racket. That was the end of that. He stayed in and lived to a ripe old age, after going to live at my mothers.

I've always admired folks that can get a cat leash trained. Congrats!
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

It really depends on the cat. Spider would "walk" on a leash... she was part of the ground, but she would do it. :)
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

We've never been able to get Jet or Kiki to take a harness. Jet will let us put one on, because he's so mellow, but then he walks around in circles backwards like he's drunk, he thinks he can back out of it. We started Monkey on the harness right when we got him, 4 months old. That's how we take him to the vet also, he jumps right up on the front desk counter and starts flirting with the receptionist and the vet techs.

Our neighbor saw him on his walk yesterday, I didn't know Pat was outside in his front hard, and I heard "Now that's just not right!!!" from behind a shrub. Pretty funny, actually, and of course Monkey had to go over and say hello to him.

He's just too cute!!!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

That would be cute!

And Mike! You explained what I saw when I put Lucy in a harness, to a 'T'! Exactly! :lol:
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

My DD just got a harness for our old girl , Buttercup, who has taken a liking to jumping out the patio door every chance she gets. (We think she's just trying to get away from the boys. :lol: ) She seems to love the harness and her walks outside. :)
We had a dog once who got an infection on his neck and couldn't wear his collar, so I went out and purchased a harness for him. Spent over $24.00 on it and he chewed it up the very first day and got out of it!! :x
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Oh goodness, they are like kids with their stuff.

Our two girls had leather leashes and we had to keep them, b/c one had a fetish for thin leather. The other one would grab her sisters leash when going for a walk, and walk the sister, while we walked her. She also would grab her sister's leash at the vets and head for the front door! :lol:

Weird thing was, the sister was the one who always had injures or illlness that require vet care, and she was always pretty healthy till later in life. But she never liked the vets.

Man it's still hard they aren't still here :(
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

That's great! I've never been able to get a cat to take to a harness and leash.
New Topic Post Reply