Friends at my house, too...

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

eastwood2007

Friends at my house, too...

Post by eastwood2007 »

I know not all dogs are like this, but we have been able to teach our Rotties which animals belong here. Any animal that belongs here gets the same protection from the Rotties as we do...it is really amazing to watch them. BTW, these are the same Rotties that automatically 'take care' of other unwanted pests like racoons, squirrels, skunks and possums. They are really smart...

The first pic is Gracie protecting a 'baby cat' that had been abondoned by its mother. I had a small cardboard box laid on its side with a towel for the baby. Gracie would go check it periodically throughout the day. She would have to bend down to look in it. Whenever the baby wasn't in the box when she went to look, she would have this frightened look on her face and would search around till she found the baby. This was one such occasion...

The second pic is Champ, our 4yr. old male (about 110 lbs.) cleaning a wound this kitten had on his neck. Once Champ discovered he was hurt, he followed him around for a week nursing him. The cat would see Champ coming and would wait for him, and the cat wouldn't let anyone else close to him...
Attachments
misc 017.jpg
misc 017.jpg (48.77 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
misc 015.jpg
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

awww, how sweet!! I love Rotties, they are so loyal and affectionate. Great dogs you have there! Those are some lucky kittens.
This makes me think of the old cartoons where the big bulldog has the little kitten that rode on its back and would kneed it with its claws, and the dog would just squint and go ouch ouch... :o

Ginger
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

What sweet pictures. :)
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

You have to love that!! So sweet! :P
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

[quote="Ginger
This makes me think of the old cartoons where the big bulldog has the little kitten that rode on its back and would kneed it with its claws, and the dog would just squint and go ouch ouch... :o

Ginger[/quote]

I remember that cartoon! How funny! Although, I don't think my dogs would go that far. In fact, when this little 'baby cat' tried to get on Gracie or snuggle with her she would move away...that was taking this whole thing a little too far. :D

I never cease to marvel at animals and what they can understand...we recently had another batch of kittens that the momma moved into the greenhouse at an inopportune time...I was going to fog it. So I put the tiny babies in a laundry basket to move them outside. I called the dogs over and introduced them. I told them, "See, momma's new 'baby cats.' No bite, no bite...." and that was it. They've never touched them.

Champ is our kitty protector...one day the two cats were just wrestling outside the fenced yard and one got too rough. When the other one screached, Champ barrelled across the yard and vaulted the fence without even missing a stride. It was a sight to see! Especially since I didn't know he could get out of the fence! When he saw they were okay, he just came back up the hill and got back in the fence...amazing...

Thanks for letting me share...I sure love all my babies...
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Charla, these are just the sweetest, cutest pics! :D
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Awwww....Charla! How adorable! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Too cute! Your kitten looks just like our Monkey when we got him at three months. Love the photos :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Too cute! Your kitten looks just like our Monkey when we got him at three months. Love the photos :)

Andi
Andi
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Andi
Andi
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:lol: DOUBLEMOM! No fair! You said that 3 times! :lol:

Cute furr family :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Shoot! Another reptile forum that I post on does that to me also, drives me crazy!!!!

Sorry... :-?

Andi
Andi
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Well, she is DOUBLE mom after all! :) This time you're tripplemom.
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

That's why I mentioned it! :lol: She said it one time too many! :lol: :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply