You Too Can Grow a Poody

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Lionitus

You Too Can Grow a Poody

Post by Lionitus »

Growing instructions: locate one large hairball (you know, the big floaters that occasionally waft in front of your face as you watch TV). Plant hairball in potting soil, add plenty of fertilizer and water well. In 10 to 12 years you'll have one of these!

Poody is our Big Wooly Mammoth. He's one big ol' bundle of love. Like Merlin, he loves constant attention and strokes. He loves having his belly rubbed too.

Lion
Attachments
GrowingPoody..JPG
GrowingPoody..JPG (44.53 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- Victor Hugo
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: :lol: OMG, too funny!! His face looks like he thinking.....*Hey, quit looking at me like that!!* :lol: :lol:

Thanks Evelyn!! :P
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

I remember Poody! He is a pretty kitty. He does have that "look" on his face, like you are bothering him :lol: :lol:

My tom cat "Jack" likes his belly rubbed too. Last night he crawled up in my lap for his nightly loving and just rolled over and let me rub his belly for a long time. He is really furry from his winter coat, and his hair is so black and sleek he reminds me of a mink coat.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful cats Helen!

Ginger
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

:lol: That look on his face makes me wonder what he is hiding in that bowl/pot! :lol:
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Poody is a real cutie!! :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Thank you Lucy, Ginger, eastwood and newtohosta. Poody is a real ham but he is an especially loving old boy and that look on his face belies his gentleness.

Ginger, doesn't it always seem that the big Toms are the sweetest ones? At least in my experience it has been that way. I would love to see a picture of Jack.

I do have to say that Poody is our fierce protector here, sort of our "watch dog" and he wears that face only outdoors. I swear, that animal can smell a strange critter anywhere on our acreage and immediately runs to chase them off, be it another cat, dog, possum, whistle pig, whatever.

Funny Old Poody.
- Victor Hugo
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TOOoooooo funny!
Thanks for the warning! I'll have to remember not to let any of those furballs land on soil. I have a regular parade of dropped-off kitties here as it is. (Every farm needs more cats, right? So you just take your kittens for a ride in the country, open the door at the first farmstead you see, and toss them out.)
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

Oh dear... :o [going off with vacuum cleaner].
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

:lol: :lol:

So thats where kittens come from! :o

I love the hairballs that come out of nowhere WHEN you have someone over LOL.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I always wondered how to grow those!!! :lol: :lol:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Oh, thank you all for the giggles. You all know what I mean then? Thank goodness I'm not the only one who spends an hour with the sweeper going over every conceivable surface only to find a giant hairball wafting through the house the second I put the sweeper away. Argh!

Linda, I'm afraid that happens here a lot too. We live in a rural area and we are never without many kitties wandering the property. Some become barn cats to my neighbor and some hang around a few days then disappear. Twice now I've actually witnessed people dropping off animals during the night. Unfortunately, they drive off before I can get a license plate number.

Thank the Good Lord there are people like us Hallsonites who do what we can to ease the problem.

Lion
- Victor Hugo
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Lion, you asked to see a picture of Jack so here is one I took last night. I can't leave out my Jill the Pill though!!

Jack

Jill (She would not look at me, she is such a Pill :evil: )

Ginger
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Whant a hairball from a Lashsa Apso :-?

I can find one it what ever color you want, but Amandas wheat colotred
are he most common here

Neer known that way before :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Ginger....They are both pretty and that little Jill...:lol:
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Goosey, she is actually bigger than she looks in pics. For some reason she can scrunch her self up to look really little, or stretch out and look big :o She is not as bulky as Jack and just a tiny bit smaller. She is a PILL!
She loves to tear up paper, so nothing is safe from her. She has destroyed the telephone books, several magazines and if you leave the bills on the desk, she will tear them up too :lol: Wish she would just pay them :lol:
Last night during the night she decided she needed to eat a whole in the cat feed sack and when I got up she had food scattered everywhere, all mixed in with little bitty pieces of paper from the sack :evil: Thats why she is called
Jill the Pill :lol:
I love her though, she is really sweet when she wants to be!

Ginger
New Topic Post Reply