Meet Largo

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

largosmom

Meet Largo

Post by largosmom »

Hi, I'm Largo's Mom, and this is Largo, I'm not sure if I've ever formally introduced him yet.

He got a new swing for Christmas...you get pictures!

Largo is a Blue and Gold Macaw parrot. He is 10 years old now, and has a life expectancy of from 50-100 years depending on what source you consult. We've had him since he was just a baby, and yes, he does talk some!

clickable thumbnails:

This is his (now) world famous "I've fallen and I can't beak up" pose

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

He is just beautiful! I had a friend (haven't been in touch for years) who had a parrot named "Chicken", and that parrot was completely the boss of her two large dogs. It was so funny to watch the parrot boss the dogs around. They are amazing creatures. We used to have a Blue Headed Amazon parrot when I was in high school and it was so much fun to work with it and handle it every day.

Thanks for the photos...

Andi
Mommy to twin girls
Three spoiled cats
Three Uromastyx geyri lizards
and lots of fish
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

Howdy back! We also have another small parrot named Chipper, one cat, and that is all (for now). I've had lots of fish in my past and usually have more than one cat.

Laura
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

Wow! what colors! He's beautiful!!!

He looks like he's about the size of a small cockatiel.... ?
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

He sure is beautiful!!

I have a cousin if florida that has one and my DH's sister has one.....not sure of the kinds that they each have, but the cousin's is mostly green and the sister-in-law's is all white....they both talk, too.....I knew that they lived that long ans my cousin is passing him down to her kids and so forth.....I could have had the white on, as he makes too much noise if the is not a crowd in the house and that is the norm.....nope, did not want him, but thought about it....:lol: Jay was right there looking at me though.....:lol:

Yours is really pretty, and it would be fun to have on, I think....

Thanks for sharing!!! :cool:
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

:o The size of a cockatiel? You must be pulling my leg! :D

Largo's cage is 6 feet tall by 3 by 4 feet. :D

Yes, birds are a ton of work, they are noisy, messy, and need lots of attention because they are so smart. They are something in between a dog and a 2 year old, lol! Parrots for the most part are very social birds, they want to be with their people, or at least talking to them.

Laura
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Heck if I know, Laura!! :lol: ...They are big birds.....big cages.....I don't know what they are.... :lol: I have no picture's....Should have taken one of the white bird at x-mas.... :P
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Very, very beautiful bird, Laura! Those colors are amazing!

You mentioned he does talk...what kind of things does he say?

TFS!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Ya know... one of our cats is like that LOL! Monkey is a cat who climbs and swings like a monkey, eats bananas and tons of fruit and veggies, and acts more like a dog. He plays fetch, drinks out of the toilet, walks on a harness and leash and begs to go for walks like a dog, etc. He HAS to have his humans around, doesn't tolerated being alone very well. Isn't it funny how a dog, cat, monkey, and parrot can all be compared to each other?

Monkey and his big bro, Jet...

Monkey on a walk...

Looking forward to seeing more photos :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Oh my, Largo is beautiful. And I love that name. One of my favorite movies is Key Largo. I can't imagine keeping a bird like Largo.

I love the pics.

Lion
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- Victor Hugo
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

He is beautiful! We are owned by a Conure, Conner, and I could not imagine having a "real" parrot. We do have him in a large parrot cage, and he loves it! He was very tame at one time, but because of our lack of socialization with him, he is not as "friendly" as he once was. He is the best burglar alarm we have ever had.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Beautiful bird!
I'm the designated nail trimmer for my buddie's wife's Molucan Cockatoo, African Grey and Yellow Naped Amizon. I Love em like my own but I'd rather wrestle aligators. I do still have all my fingers.......for now!
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Sure is a pretty bird!

But ya know what? I am afraid of birds, THAT size anyway LOL.

I love em, but scared of them at the same time. I want to keep all my fingers hehe.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
New Topic Post Reply