Willie's Beginning Agility (updated with pictures)

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Willie's Beginning Agility (updated with pictures)

Post by LucyGoose »

Okay, change of plans......The place that we took him for basic obedience, Landheim's, is better suited for bigger dogs.....I called and canceled the advanced obedience class we were in....the class didn't even start as of yet, because it wasn't filled yet, so no problem......I found out about a dog club in my area, and asked around, and while we were at the vets talked to the girls there about it, and they either have been there, or know people who have.....Sooooo, Mr. Silly Willie is going to take beginners agility at Paw Power Blues..... :lol: ....I can not wait!! They were soooo nice that they even are letting us join in on the morning class that started last monday.....instead of 8 classes we will have 7 and we don't even have to pay for the one missed....How cool! So Willie and I are on another adventure!! :cool: We start this next monday!!

http://pawpowerblues.org/index.html

Hey Bro......You out there?? :lol:
Last edited by LucyGoose on Apr 17, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

That sounds like great fun, LG! Please keep us posted on Willie's progress!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

How fun!! Yes, be sure and let us know how its going!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Let us know how the boy does!

Ginger
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Wow looks like fun, do keep us posted. :wink:
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

:cool: This sounds like much more fun than Advanced Obedience. :P

Waiting to hear how it went. :D

It looks like the location is about halfway between your house and mine. :lol:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG!!!! I LOVE THIS AGILITY STUFF AND SO DID WILLIE!!!

:lol: :lol:

For real, it was a blast, and it is for US!!!! Willie is soooo smart!! No, for real, he is...... :lol: He did so good and is not afraid of anything.....I have to work on this one exercise of turning the dog from going one way to the next with the treat in each hand.... :roll: ....it's kinda hard to explain it here....but yep, they had to come over and help me.....I stood there looking all blond, saying, *I do not get this.... :roll: .. :roll: .. :lol: *.....But it is so much more layed back and just so fun!! There are 7 of us......Willie is the smallest of course.....there was 2 Golden's, a Bernese Mountain Dog, a Standard Poodle, a (I think) Springer Spaniel, and a Bearded Collie......we did the teeter board, and Willie didn't mind that, and infact stood there on it looking at me.....Like...*now what?* :lol: we ran through these pole things that were real low....and did a few other things.....Oh man, I think I found our THING!! I loved it and can not wait till next monday!! :lol:
ladyblue
USDA Zone: 5B

Post by ladyblue »

This sure sounds like FUN!
I wish I could be there to watch him. I love watching this on TV! It looks like it is much harder on the trainer, than the dog!
They seem to love it! Have fun!!! :D
Bonnie
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Next comes flyball, water dog and lure coursing! ;) Just kidding, it looks like fun though. The Paps I've seen on agility have been very cute, Dacshunds and Chihuahuas are a riot to watch. :)
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Oh, that sounds like fun! I had always wanted to try that! Good luck to you and Willy!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks!! This is our first time, and I can just tell, we will enjoy it a lot!! Not sure about all that other stuff Spider..... :lol: ....Jay's sister has already got us in AKC trials..... :lol: :lol:

I miss my Bro..... :( ....I did call and left one of my long kinda excited messages..... :lol: I hope he pops in.....It's always good to hear from him! 8-)
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Sounds like you both have fun :D

Willie will accept you are blond :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink: :lol: HUGS
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

I thought you might like agility... I always wanted to try it when I had my Aussie but never had the opportunity. Be sure to update us next week!!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I'm glad that both of you had so much fun! :D I'll be waiting to hear about next week's class. 8-)
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Hey Sis! got your phone message. Sorry I wasn't there to talk with you.
I think your going to love agility. It's a highly motivational sport. Just wish more dog trainers would get the message that you don't need to yank and crank on a dog to get it to listen. It's all about team work and leadership, not who's more powerful. Thunder's 4+ with 5 titles and a CGC. Never had a physical correction.
Enjoy the wonderful new bond your going to create with Willie!

http://www.rwdc.org/images/RWDC%205-07_0006.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Bro!! I think I called anyone and everyone I know..... :lol: Had my niece on the phone last night, and after talking a while, I said....*Did I tell you about we and Willie in his first class of agility?*....she's like.....*Yep, you did*..... :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I missed talking to you, too...was the message Long'gggggggggggg......... :lol: :lol:

4 days till Monday! :P
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

First, Happy St. Paddy's Day!! :lol:

Oh boy, the day I was looking so forward to.... :lol: No ticket today, thank God.... :lol: Willie was a barking/lunging machine today..... :evil: .. :lol: .. OMG, I think being in the kennel a lot yesterday while we were at my parents for our early Easter dinner was not good! Well, I like to think that was why.... :lol: We still had fun....we got the *around* the cone down pat.....he even was doing it good off leash with just one or two dogs in that ring....they had split the place into two rings.....one with just the cones, and this thingy set up with the bars that they walk through....only this week they were higher....he did good....he went through the tire, on the teeter, and this bridge thing....this other thing (sorry I don't know the names of this stuff)....that trains toward the weaving in and out of the bars.....Like in the obedience, today was his bark, and go after other dogs, day.....ONLY here they do not use that pinch collar. The have me call his name...he looks right at me, I click and reward......You do not know how many times i did this........ :o .....I was burned out. :lol: But, even this lady commented that she thought he was doing better....Yeah, that was after he was all bug eyed, and panting....and we were both ready to go home.... :lol: Really, today, we had fun with lots more to do, and he is not afraid of anything....

Homework is......take a lid or any circle....they had a red like coffee can........I am using a pet food cover that is red also.....anyway......no command yet, but throw it down, if he touches it, click and reward....I use my foot to move it a bit and if he goes to it, just click and reward.....OVER AND OVER........ :lol: We will put a word to it next week......

I am just so relieved that i get that around the cone now.....you use that LOTS!

Thanks for listening..... :cool:
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Sounds like there was a lot of clicking and rewarding for a job well done? :wink:
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: Way to go LG! I know its hard but it sounds like Willie is doing great!! Isn't it great to have a sport and a dog that keeps you young? :lol:

PeggyC's Hosta List
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Hang in there Kathleen :D It is like raising a child, it is more work than just letting them go wild, but worth it in the long run :lol: It will all pay off when you know you can trust him to follow your commands no matter what the circumstances.
Ginger
New Topic Post Reply