Does your dog eat bananas??

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Well, I am glad to hear Max is not the only one who likes babannas! :lol: Pretty much I have found Max will eat most anything.... his latest craze.... Avacadoes! :lol:
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Will have to try the bananas! Our dogs love baked sweet potatos, skins and all.
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Well... I have a CAT that will eat just about any fruit or vegetable, I swear he could be a vegetarian if I tried LOL!. We cannot cut into a cantalope melon without him running full speed into the kitchen to wait for his bites. He also loves bananas, cucumbers, red bell peppers, baby salad greens, zucchini, anything with tomatoes like spaghetti sauce, etc. Crazy boy!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Kas

Post by Kas »

Andi, he is just living up to the name! He's a monkey. A sweet one, too!

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Bananas

Post by govgirl75 »

I have 3 Chihuahuas and they all LOVE bananas. They would eat them until they fell over if I let them. I also have a doggie treat recipe that uses bananas as one of the ingredients. They like those, too. The breeder did tell me no chocolate, grapes, or raisins. They will also eat windfall apples off the ground.
Your doggies are all beautiful!
Gloria
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Andi, You definately seem to have a vegertarian kitty! :grin:

Hi Govgirl.. welcome to the forums. Do you have any pictures of your 3 fur babies? We'd love to see them! Also, I'd love a copy of your recipe using bananas.. I am sure Max will greatly appreciate it also. :)
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Bananas Dog Treat Recipe

Post by govgirl75 »

Hello Dusty! Thanks for the welcome. This is such a wonderful, friendly place to be. Here is the recipe for Banana Doggie Treats:
3 c. oatmeal
1 1/4 c. flour
2 eggs
1/4 c. oil
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. milk
2 mashed bananas (the real ripe ones work well)
Blend liquid ingredients with the eggs and mashed banana. Add flour and oat meal. The mixture will be like thick cake batter. Spread in well greased pizza pan (or well greased cake pan). Bake at 325 degrees F. about 25 minutes. Let cool a bit and cut into squares or strips. Keep refrigerated. I put in plastic baggies and freeze most and pull out the baggies when I run out of the ones in the 'fridge. All the ingredients are pretty healthy.

I will try to post pix of the hounds. I am not too good with the computer and getting stuff on the forum. I had a devil of a time getting a pix of one of my hostas on for Chris to look at and had to resort to asking my kid to help me. LOL I will try in the next few days, though.
Gloria
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Govgirl... Thanks for the recipe! I shall make some for my boys later in the week. No worries about posting pic's.. I am not so good at all this fancy schmansy computer stuff either. :grin:
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

New Topic Post Reply