Here is Spikers

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Muffy
USDA Zone: 5

Here is Spikers

Post by Muffy »

My 3 yr. old Bearded Dragon, Spikers. Just lounging on her rock. Looks comfy huh?

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Muffy! So good to have another reptile owner on this forum! I was starting to get lonely with my three Uro lizards LOL! (just kidding, ANY pets are awesome!)

Your beardie looks great, very plump and relaxed :) When my daughter first wanted a lizard, she wanted a beardie but I told her I would not have insects in the house, not open for discussion, not negotiable, end of conversation. I told her to come up with a vegetarian lizard, and then we would talk. She figured out that Uromastyx are veggies, we got Gizmo, and I promptly fell in love with him. Then later that year I bought the two babies from a breeder her in Washington. I'm really hoping to be able to breed mine in a few years and incubate and hatch out the eggs. Uros are fairly uncommon and too many are wild-caught and imported.

So... does Spikers let you hold him and handle him much? That's one thing I wish I could do more of with my Uros, but I'm content to just hand feed them and enjoy watching them. Any other reptiles in your family?

Sorry I'm gushing... I'm just excited to find another person here who has a lizard, makes me fell less like an odd-ball LOL!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Muffy

Post by Muffy »

LOL...You're not gushing...you're a lizard mom! LOL.
And yep Spikers likes being held. Some days when she looks crabby I don't mess with her. She eats crickets every so often dusted with vita dust. Kinda shake & bake them in a ziplock baggie then feed them to her. I know it sounds gross but she's gotta eat. She also eats lots of greens....Yipee!!! Not alot of crickets. She's my only lizard. Here is a close-up. She is so photogenic. :lol: :lol:
Attachments
l_001ac1a7cf168c5c9cc4be08f0307a72.jpg
l_001ac1a7cf168c5c9cc4be08f0307a72.jpg (47.14 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

She's beautiful! Very photogenic :) My male Uro, Gizmo, is also a ham for the camera. I have a harder time getting good shots of the babies, though Pooka isn't bad. It's almost impossible for me to get a photo of Chili.

Gizmo says "hello" to Spikers. This photo was taken last fall:

Keep the photos of Spikers coming... and are there any other reptile owners lurking here that want to make an appearance?????

Andi
Last edited by doublemom2 on Jul 09, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andi
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Just out of curiosity... did you get Spikers as a baby? What is a beardie's average lifespan?

Andi
Andi
Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Yep. Spikers was teeny when I got her. I have read so much on their lifespan. I have a book on them & I researched the internet too. Some say 7 to 10 yrs & some say 12 yrs. I think it is how well they are cared for. Spikers says Hello back to Gizmo.
Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Here is Spikers today....I took this a few minutes ago....after she ate. Fat & Lazy Now!
Attachments
july9-2008 008.jpg
july9-2008 001.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Great pictures you two! I am not into these but DH love the pic's...:lol: They are so interesting.... :P
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

She is so pretty! Thanks for all the different shots. What a little charmer she is. :cool:
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Cool. That bearded looks like a Horned Toad, a really big Horned Toad :lol: :lol:

Ginger
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Awwww....

After watching Andi's babies grow up, I have a new appreciation for lizards. She's a pretty girl...well, I guess.... :lol: I like looking at her, anyway! :lol:
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply