OC's Great Dane

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

OC's Great Dane

Post by oldcoot »

Catherine had a friend in Charleston who told her about a lady rasing GREAT DANES. Going our of business. Shde took Cathderine to see and she fell in love with Greta the great. Both her parents were SHOW DOGS wirh a lot of ribbons.
She is pure bred and registered........

She knew OC had wanted a dog far so long, she bought this dog at a resonable price ??? And since she works all day and at night sometimes she knew she could
could not leav her in the house, so she made a deal WITH OC & JOY REALY EASY LIKE. wE KEEP THE DOG DURING THE WEEK she get her on the4 wdeek-end. Some week day nights too.....

Greta is now 6 months old and weighs 77 #. CATHERINE Is RESPONSIBE FOR ALL vET BILL AND FOOD, EXCEPT what Joy gets for her Ho-Ho- H0

Take a look at this Lovable doggie............
Uh oh forgot how to do this. I have the pictures ready to post, just can't figure how to upload BOO HOO Tell OC how :-? :-? :-? :-?
Last edited by oldcoot on Sep 20, 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
LucyGoose

Re: OC's Great Dane

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Coot!!!!

Okay....I will see if I can help you post pictures.....jump in anyone, if I do not explain it good..... :D

See down where it says *upload attachments?*....click that, then you will see *browse*....click that......then.....find your picture.....then click *add the file*.......then click *place in line*....(that is so you don't see the lines around the pictures).......Then.....click *submit*......Hope this helps!!! Hugs to you John!!! Hurry....I want to see the dane!! :lol:
Pic's 007.jpg
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Greta-2.jpg
Greta-2.jpg (24.79 KiB) Viewed 3256 times
Coot

Bless Lucy's Heart. IT WORKED !!!!!@!! Just had notmoved the screen down enough

Aint this a pretty doogie ???????? Coot
Greta- 3.jpg
Greta- 3.jpg (24.55 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

WOW She is a big un :D They are such gentle giants, I am so glad you have her OC! You can pat her and love on her and don't even have to bend down from your chair!! With training she could do alot of things to help you. Teach her to fetch when you need something or drop something :lol: :lol: She could even get stuff off of the counter or out of the fridge she is so tall!

BTW: I am so glad you are home and better! It is wonderful to see a post from you :beer:

Take care

Ginger
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Awww I love her OC!!! My bro has one. They are such good dogs :)

And yours looks VERY happy!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Yipppppeeeee, you got it!! Yipppppeeeeeee!!!!

Oh Coot, she is beautiful!!! Wow, makes about 100 of Willie..... :lol: :lol:

Ginger is right.....is she getting stuff for ya? I think she is young.....right? Heck make her work for food.... :lol:

Yes, it's great to see you posting a picture, too....Hugs to you my friend!!!
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

She is a real beauty OC!! Catherine did good! :beer:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

She is a love !! OF all the dog's we have had she is the most affectionate we have had. She loves to be patted and Catherine says they are called Velcro dogs because they st9stick so loose too their keepers...........

If Joy or OC leave the room she follows which 9ich ever one leaves....Next Friday she gets to be "fixed" Part of the agreement Catherine ha with the kennel is that she would do that She was the runt of thews litter, and they were afraid she might not produce large dogs.

OC;s other daughter, Laury ( the one who loves horses, has the cutest Boston terrier that can give Greta great fits. S he is so fast and jumps so quick, but after a awhile they play together really good.

Below are several pictures of Sophie Laury's little doggie :beer: :D :D :D
Attachments
Sophie -.jpg
Sophie -.jpg (29.12 KiB) Viewed 3208 times
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Lost this message and Photo..........................
Sophie three.jpg
Sophie three.jpg (27.17 KiB) Viewed 3198 times
Sophie
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwwww, another cute pooch, Coot!!! Hey, you are just rolling out the pictures!!! I love it!!!! Love seeing you......Thanks for sharing!!!
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

Nice puppy. :)

My neighbor has one that's spotted (black spots on white)... I think it's called a Harlequin Great Dane? everyone thinks she's a Dalmation until they realize how big she is. She sure is a nice dog!
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Ohhhhh, how very sweet they both are!!!! Greta is such a great name for that girl!

It would be so much fun to watch them play...especially because of their size difference. :lol:

So glad to see you posting some photos, OC, and very glad that you are home again.

Hope we'll see more of these as Greta grows up!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Muffy
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Muffy »

Greta is a real pretty pup! Love seeing her picture. Sophie is a cutie too. Love watching big & small dogs play...they look comical. That's for letting us see your baby!
In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends.
- Kozuko Okakura
~~Bev~~
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

:-? :-? she sure is affectionate !!@! And she IS getting larger. Weighed in for her fixing" at 85 pounds up from 77 several weeks ago, Wednesday. Kinda poky yesterday, but today almost back to Normal - Joy nurses good.......

She played a trick on OC today. He was in his big wheel chair, leaned way back, had counter weights so it won't tip. Greta Now tall enough to reach my pockets in that position,
I felt her nudge me but kept on eating my sugar free cookie. Not be ignored, she leaned over and took a cookie from OC's pocket Shirt. Joy just about split her sides at that.

Yes greta has been great for us both........Coot
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

When Laury and HER DAUGHTER, Jill WERE HERE LAST WEEK-END, OC made what he thinks are reasonably good Pictures of Greta and Sophie side by side, and yes OC feels good that once again he can be behind the camera..........OC is still not quite right on picture size.......Cut Sophie out... Will re-size again and post tomorrow. Time for PT right now.......Got it right now................OC
Attachments
Greta Sophie - Size HRZ.jpg
Greta Sophie - Size HRZ.jpg (17.78 KiB) Viewed 3062 times
Last edited by oldcoot on Sep 29, 2008 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Oh, that is precious! I love the way Greta has her ears cocked looking at Sophie!

Excellent!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG Coot.....that is so cute!!! AND that BIG dog is allowed on the couch?? Boy oh boy....she is a lucky dog..... :lol: .....

I loved the pictures......Thanks for sharing and a big hug to you just for the heck of it.... :lol:
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Yes Lucy Joy g9ives couch to Greta. This is Jill, Laury's daughter and both dogs on the sofa. Greta is literally DRAPPED around Jill's Neck

OC doing really great this week........
Attachments
Dogs - Jill -hrz.jpg
Dogs - Jill -hrz.jpg (18.04 KiB) Viewed 3039 times
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: .. :lol: .. :lol: Well, at Auntie's Lucy's......she would be on the floor...... :lol: .. :lol: .. :wink:
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Lucy You LET Greta goes where she wants. Joy has scratches on her arms where she tried to get her not too. That is one huge dog, but so lovable and friendly. OC never knew that about Danes...............

These are pictures of our Daughter Catherine playing with Greta
Attachments
Cath -Greta PullToy hrz.jpg
Cath -Greta PullToy hrz.jpg (17.08 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
Greta Kissies  Cath -hrz.jpg
Greta Kissies Cath -hrz.jpg (17.79 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
New Topic Post Reply