Dog toys

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

KellieD

Dog toys

Post by KellieD »

My dogs love stuffed animals but will destroy them rapidly. I found out (quite by accident) that the stuffed animals made for humans hold up to dog abuse where the ones made for dogs don't. They are currently playing with two tigers, a leopard and a water puppy(seal) and in over six months of play haven't even damaged them.

Don't tell my bums, but they are getting a lop-eared bunny toy for Christmas. Goodwill has any stuffed toy for 99 cents. Cheap dog toy and so much better constructed than what you get for dogs.
Every day a new adventure!
KellieD

Re: Dog toys

Post by KellieD »

Here I thought other dog owners would be interested in a longer lasting, inexpensive toy fr their pets. Guess I
was wrong.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hey Kellie! Don't get so hissy......I just now saw this and I have not been around much.....the forum is slow.....Plus, just because they don't post doesn't mean they didn't take the advise..... :snow: .... :wink:

Now I have that little 9-10 pound Papillon.....he likes his stuffed animals with the squeekie inside.....he doesn't tear them up, they just wear out.....but it takes a good while.....I will keep this idea of yours.......it's a good one. There is a Goodwill close I think....99 cents IS good!!.....Thanks for sharing!!! :beer:
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

It wasn't meant to come across as hissy. Sorry about that.

Guess I was just in a "poor me" mood. :oops:
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

Now if you had said these stuffed animals could stand up to a CAT, say MaryJane, I'd have been impressed and run out to get some. LOL! Her toys last about 2 seconds, and she tries to swallow the pieces. :lol:

We went to a juried arts & crafts fair last year and I bought the cutest dragon handpuppet... it squeaks when you close its mouth. I thought it would a fun thing for MaryJane to play with, until I realized that my hand was susceptible to grave damage while inside it! :roll: :lol:
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

The same goes for cats! I'm amazed at how much longer a little fuzzy toy from McDonalds (yuck!) lasts as a cat toy than a 5.99 toy made specifically for them. For something great for kitties, the plastic rings that come off of milk jug lids are wonderful too, and free!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

My cats love those plastic rings too! Also the cork from a wine bottom is a wonderful toy for them to bat around with their paws. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

My cats used to love little balls of aluminum foil.

The dogs love (not only their toys) my socks, tea bags, balls of yarn................anything they are not supposed to have! :lol:
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

Kellie,
I thought it was a great suggestion and I don't even have pets. I think it is because the forum is so slow right now.

Monday, I'll pass this on to some of my co-workers who own dogs.

Thanks.
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Post by govgirl75 »

I think you are onto something.
I have 3 dogs and each time I picked one up from the breeder, the pup was sent home with a couple stuffed baby toys. I thought it was odd, but those toys are
washable and very sturdy. We have one we got 14 months ago and all three dogs play with it and it is no worse for wear. Plus they are sooooo cute.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

Now let the old coot weigh in !!@! Joy and OC have a great Dane that that LOVES toys.
He likes the one he can pounce on, but most all one that rings either inn,,,,,,,,
If she gets bored she bring it up,holding one one, and want you to pull the other end,
If you don't immediately co,ply, she will sidyl up and PUT it in you hand.
In my life time I have raised 5 different dogs, and HONE OF THEM had toys but greater, a a box full. She loves to pull them out, but so has not been able to teach her to pick the up and put them back in. Just like a hundred pound child !!!( She now weighs that,,,,,,, :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OC........................
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

KellieD wrote:My cats used to love little balls of aluminum foil.
Mine did too!! :lol:
New Topic Post Reply