New cat & lizzy photos

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

New cat & lizzy photos

Post by doublemom2 »

Hi there - Just took some new photos of the felines and a great one of Gizmo today, thought I'd share.

Kiki is her usual feisty self... we're dealing with the beginning of kidney problems, a chronically sore paw, and low back pain, which means that she can barely jump up to a bed or chair on bad days. Arguing with the vet over what meds to give her is not fun. He wants to give her metacam, which is know to be very risky for renal failure in cats, and I'm refusing to give it to her... so I'm "vet shopping" at the moment. Very frustrating to treat her pain and not potentially harm her kidneys. She's still as gorgeous as ever :

Monkey actually HELD STILL enough today for me to take some good photos, he's usually way to hyper and curious to get good still shots of him. He is amazing, much more like a dog than a cat. All he needs in this world is LOVE, and lot's of it... all day long. Nothing can help with a bad day better than a Monkey-hug.

Jet is still "Mr. Handsome". If more people in the world (excluding the amazing people here at Hallson's) were more like Jet, kind and gentle and well-mannered, we would have a much better world to live in. We brought out "Frosty" today for Christmas and Jet decided to take a nap on his lap :)

And last but not least... Gizmo, my handsome chunky man! He's doing great as usual, loves to eat out of our hands, and loves our new house since he has many more windows to get sun and look around than at our old house.

If anyone wants to... add in some of your pet photos to this thread, let's show off our babies :)
Cheers to all!!!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Re: New cat & lizzy photos

Post by JaneG »

Jet and Monkey could be stunt doubles for my Butch, who's getting a little too old to do his own stunts!! :lol: :lol: I love those black faces, with their black noses and black whiskers!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Hi, Andi -

All beautiful babies!!!!

May I ask...what kind of food is Kiki on? When my dog (course I know they are different than cats) was having chronic feet problems, I learned that toxins from pet food can settle in a dog's feet and cause arthritis. When we switched to an all natural food the symptoms lessened significantly...just a thought...one I would have never had if I hadn't read it somewhere....
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Hi Charla - I spend a fortune on cat food... Monkey can't tolerate any type of grain or he has major digestive problems, so the cats are on a mix of Solid Gold Indigo Moon and Wellness Core dry, and I feed them the Wellness canned food every day. They're not necessarily "organic" brands, but they are considered premium without any corn or wheat fillers or other junk that companies like to throw into animal foods that are completely unnecessary. It's amazing to me how many cat foods are based on corn and wheat fillers, when cats are true carnivores, unlike dogs that can have a lot more carbs in their diets than cats can. I have a hard time even finding kitty treats that don't use corn as a filler.

I finally got Kiki to start taking the Missing Link supplement in her food just over the past week or two. She would always refuse it before, but she's finally realized that she's not going to get her wet food without it, and she's devouring it now. It adds omega-3 and other supplements to her diet which are good for her, and act as a natural antiinflammatory. She also gets daily treats with glucosamine and chondroitin to help with arthritis. My DH thinks I fuss too much over the cats, but they are my babies and i only want them to be healthy and happy, so I do what it takes to give them the best :)

Thanks to KellieD for first clueing me into the Missing Link :) Jet used to have pretty bad dandruff (which is embarrassing on a solid black cat!) and within a week of starting to use the Missing Link, the dandruff was gone :)
Andi
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Andi your cats and lizzard are cute!!

check out this site... www.pets.ca

it's a pet forum and quite a few people have cats with health problems, including kidney problems on there. There are also vets that post too.

I have found out tons of info on cats there and the people are very helpful. Also a forum on pet food. Willie is on Wellness now too.

Debbie

Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

ooops this will take u to the forum page

http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php

wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Love your kitty pics! and you are right, those black kittys are hard to photograph! you got great shots of them both! all handsome:)

I am going to share my grey striper and asking how many of us have one of these. They all look so close to one another...Here's my little bit :) Her given name is Wendy, but she's always been little bit and it appears to have given her the idea that she in fact little! :D We don't even attempt to tell her different, lest we give her a complex :D
Attachments
DSCF4230.jpg
DSCF4230.jpg (22.66 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

She's pretty, and so like our cats with any boxes LOL! We used to have a dog named Little Bit, and one of my parent's friends could never remember her name so he always called Not Enough... it stuck LOL!

More kitty photos wanted... they're all adorable!
Andi
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Jane, she is adorable!! I always wanted a grey kitty. Don't tell hubs but I'm still hoping to get one. *giggle*

Debbie

Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

She looks so balanced. :wink:
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

She had been sleeping till I turned on the camera. She's never been comfortable in something her size, always something a size to small :D

Not enough....sounds like something my brother would call her, b/c he could never remember her name either :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Annie

Post by Annie »

Awww such cute babies!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D :D THANK YOU for Sharing you great pets with your Halson Family, We love seeing pictures of ALL the family , AND PETS ARE FAMILY OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
hummingbird
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by hummingbird »

OMG, love these adorable pics.... that one in the box had me buckled over. Why do kitties insist they can fit into everything? :lol:
Great pics , thanks for sharing.
"Friends are as elusive as rainbows"
hummingbird
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by hummingbird »

Andi I love your babies....poor Kiki, that must be frustrating as heck. I admire you sticking to your guns and doing whats best for her. Gizmo is very photogenic too :lol: .
I'm having issues posting pics for some reason, but I have a site of my babies... just click my site link if you want to meet Demona and Sultan.
"Friends are as elusive as rainbows"
New Topic Post Reply