Lucy and throat mass... :(

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Lucy and throat mass... :(

Post by wishiwere »

So sorry BG. Just got home from work. No news, so hoping that is good, as most docs call as soon as they get the bad type :) she's in front of me between the keyboard and my hands :) buttingheads so I'm off for some quality with her1 :D Thanks and I'll post just as soon as I hear anyething :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

How's the kitty? I hope well.
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Hi :) Sorry, been busy working a second job (both part time :) ANyway...

The Biopsy should some lymphocystic>>>>>>? They said possible and autoimmune thing agaist the body, like a foreign object, but didn't think that was it as she's an indoor kitty. Hmmm, got me thinking....thyroid is often autoimmune....also, yes, she's an indoor only kitty, but her play mate is declawed and when they tassle, the other sits on her face (a bigger kitty) and uses her back feet to fight with. I'm really wondering if perhaps she nailed her? Then again...the lump is still present and it was not an abcess :( So, the patho person also said, b/c the vet only went a 1/4 inch down, b/c the jugglar was wrapped around this thing, that it's possible they missed a possible cancer at the deeper side or center of this thing...........great! If they were't going to get a good specimen why even go in for nearly $300. He said after they shaved her they could see the jugular vasculating on this thing! UGH!

So..........he was nice enough to do some research about the what-ifs, if we treated for thyroid and it wasn't a thyroid...what would happen. He came up with the thought it would safe to do so and look at the results in 2-4 weeks. She had lost a pound since last time she was and is tiny to start with. She's under 7 now...So They have this new thyroid med for cats that is like a makeup sponge applicator for lipstick or such on the then You make one revolution with the wand and it despenses 2.5 mg of meds, or 2 round are 5 mg. Then you pull the ear hair back with your thumb while applying this med that is like a cream to the the hairless part of the ear (not inner ear, but the ear itself. It's amazing!!!!!!!!! Who ever came up with it should have a bonus! What a great thing! B/c she's raveous, I give her what she thinks is a treat (her food) from my desk drawer baggie and she starts mowing, and I pull the ear back and apply and she gets ticked, but I say, 'All done' and she goes back to eating! Fantastic deal!
She is less hyper, eating more normal....sleeping like a normal kitty almost, not with one eye open all the time as before. I think she's calmer....Seriously.i just pray this is what it going to do it The tumor seems (to the doc and I) and to be growing back rather than toward the throat which is good as far as closing off breathing and such...
Sooooooo...long story..........we're remaining hopefully and enjoying a calmer kitty, but seemingly healthier one too?

Thanks so much for asking.... :D
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Sounds like a cool new way to dispense medication. I'm glad she's doing better. Little Bit got over her hissing too? Were we correct about the behavior related to smell?
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

apparently so, b/c it has stopped. Took about a week, and to be honest, it went on till the staples I thought were gone were removed. I wonder if it was the metallic smell of those staples? Never thought of that. They were huge! Its a wonder she didn't puncture something vital with them! :D

But yes, all is well between them again. Especially since dear old chubby little bit gets to enjoy the treats (they think the new food is treats b/c it's in a special bag in the desk drawer! LOL) Cats really can be quite uhm...out of it? just do NOT repeat that outloud. I can only type it be/c they are both taking their after dinner snooze :) :lol:
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Jane, I'm glad she is doing better. Sorry, though, that you don't have a more defnitive answer. I'm chuckling about your comment that they think the new food is a treat because it's in a bag in the desk.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Yep, I just fill it with the new food that they haven't had alone yet. I'm mixing in with the old stuff, but the bag of treats is just an old treat bag with the new food only in it! :D
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Hope she keepes improving!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

The lump is still there and maybe even larger, although thus far it doesn't seem to be impeding her breathing or swallowing, which is what we are all worried about it at this point She is eating great. Seems more calm to me too. Sleeping more soundly and not as helter/skelter in her attitude either. Rather nice, but then of course, in the back of my mind I hear that little voice at times, wondering if it's be/c she's not feeling well that she's slowed down and is sleeping better. ime will tell at this point.

Thanks for asking :)
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Is there an update, Jane? I hope she's okay.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Hey! How is Lucy doing? I haven't been in this forum for a long time.. so I'm late.. as usual!
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
New Topic Post Reply