Name that cat

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

eastwood2007

Name that cat

Post by eastwood2007 »

Here's my newest baby....

His mama's milk dried up and we almost lost him...had to feed him with a syringe for about a week.

I'm having trouble coming up with a name for him...I'm looking for suggestions. I usually come up with something based on their personalities or something, but I am just stumped on this one. He's very sweet yet very independent and determined.

The first pic is hoping to show how tiny he still is...
Attachments
Copy of 060809 021.jpg
Copy of 060809 012.jpg
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Name that cat

Post by Annie »

Aww too cute!!!

Tim came to mind when I saw that first picture, like in "Tiny Tim" :lol:
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Paul, after Paul Newman, ole Blue Eyes! Just kidding, he is the cutest little guy though.... Half Pint?

Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

"Tipsy" -- because of the dark tips on ears, nose, paws, tail . . . and he's so little he still looks a little tipsy, like he might stumble or fall over.

My second vote would be "Ole Blue Eyes"! That was a great suggestion.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Twittering is all the rage...Twitter maybe. Sure is a cutie.. :P

One our neighborhood dumped cats just had kittens under our porch. She is such a sweetie if DH wasn't allergic I would get her fixed and bring her in. We have at least 3 of these poor things running around. A family nearby gets kittens but when they outgrow that cute kitten stage they just turn them loose. So another lady and I try our best to take care of them.
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Great suggestions, everyone!

I like the Paul Newman connection. I thought about Newman, but that reminds me of the guy on Seinfeld. Ick!
On the 'blue' theme, I thought of Azul (spanish for blue). His eyes are such a beautiful blue - I hope it holds that way. It just melts me when he looks up at me and purrs when I hold him. :lol:

He is still a little Tipsy, Jane! :lol: Getting better though - he can actually run thru the grass, now!

Twitter sounds really cute, too! And kinda seems to fit. I don't twitter, though, so I'm not sure the connection fits.

Keep 'em coming!
Attachments
060809 016 copy.jpg
Charla
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

He is beautiful!! I like Tim/Timmy!!....You could name him after my Curtis.....Curtis has blue eyes, too and he would be honored......Curtis will be 15 soon!.... :cool: :lol:
Pic's 057.jpg
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

The kitten we adopted is being called "Peanut". She's growing like a weed , so that name might not fit much longer. :lol:
That kitty is so darned adorable! I'll have to show those pics to my DD as soon as she gets home. She's as cat crazy as I am...if not moreso. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Okay - I am loveing the "Blue Eyes" theme, so in honor of Paul Newman.... any variation on the following would be cute.

Gondorff (his character in The Sting)
Fast Eddy Felson (The Hustler/ Color of Money)
Rocky Graziano (Somebody Up There Likes Me)
Brick Pollitt (Cat on a Hot Tin Roof)
Ari Ben Canaan (Exodus)

Or you could just call him Sinatra!!!!!

Love those BIG BABY BLUE!!!!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
pauhaus

Post by pauhaus »

What a cutie! Definitely looks like he is up to something, but a really cool cat. I like the blue eye theme too and am suggesting "Frank" after ole blue eyes Sinatra. He was a cool cat too! Good luck with him Charla.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
mooie

Post by mooie »

Just call him Blue. It fits. I thought the first pic stole my heart but omg the closeup did me in. Thanks for saving him..

Teresa
~Imagine~
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

I like Sinatra. (Although Timmy is fun, with the Southpark character. ) Sinatra is more dignified.

And can I just saw.. WOW! What a beautiful kitten!!
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
nancym

Post by nancym »

What a cutie. How about "Hopeful". We had a real sick dog we named it Hopeful. :?:
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Oh I like "Blue" that is a good name for him.

Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

All good names, everyone!

When we first discovered him, I started calling him "Screech" because that all he did. :eek: Then we figured out it was cuz he was hungry. Then he would screech at me everytime I took formula to him at first. Then I remembered that a name carries weight and I didn't want him to continue screeching to live up to his name, so I started calling him "Peaceful." Well, that doesn't really fit him, either. :lol:

Right now I'm leaning toward Blue or Curtis...maybe Sugar. I like Blue, but I'm not sure if he's a one-syllable cat.

I may just have to give it a few more days till I figure him out a little more. All our cats (since 1990) have always had names because of something in their appearance or personalities...for example:
Taz - used to spaz out and spin around in circles
Squirrel - used to live on the roof and climb up and down the trees just like...you guessed it.
Popeye - lost one eye from an infection before we got him.
S. J. - Daughter of squirrel - looks just like her - Squirrel, Jr.
Butch - Very frail cat - things kept happening to him - tried to toughen him up a bit with his name.
Bitsy - very tiny, prissy girl
Bristol - Tortoise shell cat who has very short hair that stands on end, looks like a bristle brush
Jet - Black
Turtle - Bristol's tortoise shell sister
WonTon - siamese cat
Buffy - Wonton's siamese sister (short for Chinese Buffet - I've never had Siamese food :lol: )

You get the drift, I think... :lol: Thanks again, everyone, for all the input! Good stuff! :D
Charla
pauhaus

Post by pauhaus »

How about "Speck." Although he might outgrow his name... :lol:
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

I had inspiration when I was driving to school today!

What about naming him after you favorite blue hosta - whatever it may be!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

eastwood2007 wrote: Right now I'm leaning toward Blue or Curtis..
For real? Curtis? Cool!!

I had a cat names Stanley, too......I still like that name....

Just take your time and see what fits.....Curtie boy....Awwwww...... :lol:
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

Bluish, Bluey, BLuet (maybe not), Blue-eyes?
Or my friend Val's suggestion:

Babe for Paul Bunyon's blue ox.
Paul Bunyan went out walking in the woods one day during that Winter of the Blue Snow. He was knee-deep in blue snow when he heard a funny sound between a bleat and a snort. Looking down, he saw a teeny-tiny baby blue ox jest a hopping about in the snow and snorting with rage on account of he was too short to see over the drifts.

Paul Bunyan laughed when he saw the spunky little critter and took the little blue mite home with him. He warmed the little ox up by the fire and the little fellow fluffed up and dried out, but he remained as blue as the snow that had stained him in the first place. So Paul named him Babe the Blue Ox.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
Kas

Post by Kas »

He looks like Garfield's cute nemisis Nermal. I think that's how you spell it. Not a very cute name for someone so cute! We had a cat named Spooky we rescued one October 31st. And Yetti the huge white male cat. Trouble, because she hid under my waterbed for two days and then came out as it was almost finished draining so I could get her out! Trouble also ate one of my finches when she was only five weeks old. Only left one feather stuck with blood to a piece of paper under the couch. That's also where we found the loaf of bread she stole off the top of the fridge and chewed to death. You get the picture.

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
New Topic Post Reply