Heading up to Atlanta this weekend

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Heading up to Atlanta this weekend

Post by Spider »

I'm adopting a Borzoi! His name is Stoli and he is 8 years old. He looks to be nearly all white with slight cream markings. He's 29" tall (on all fours). Katie will be SO mad at me! :blush: He was raised with a bunch of min pins and left them alone. I guess he was more annoyed with them then seeing them as rabbits. :lol:
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
LucyGoose

Re: Heading up to Atlanta this weekend

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh wow!! Details!!! How did you come to get to adopt this baby? I searched to read about them....

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/borzoi.htm
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Good for you! I hope he'll blend right in with your household and I hope you'll be able to share some pics with us too! Congrats on the new addition to your family. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Yeah Spider.....please post pictures....I want to also say thanks for adopting him.....Hugs!
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

OH nice dogs!!! I can't wait to see pictures :)
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Spider

Post by Spider »

Well it may be delayed or canceled for now... he has not been cat tested and the previous owner said he seems "keen on cats and not trustworthy". That may only be only from outdoor cats, but he needs to be indoor tested. :( I need to hear back to find out.

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Okay....Let us know! :)
Spider

Post by Spider »

Yup, absolutely not cat safe. :( They tested him by parading cats in front of his kennel, he was fine while his foster mom was within sight. When her staff tried when she waas in another room "He charged his kennel so hard that it shook the building. They said they'd never seen a big dog move so fast".

So no trip. I know getting a sighthound while owning a cat has to be a very careful process, and this was the first dog offered so it will take some time to find the right one. They are out there. I could easily find a greyhound, but I'm set on getting a Borzoi - I'm hooked on elegance. :lol:

Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Are you going to get a bigger apartment? :lol: :lol: They are really big dogs if I remember correctly, and are they not the same dog as a Russian wolf hound? No one will bother you with one of those bad boys by your side that is for sure! Size alone will scare anyone away!
Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
Spider

Post by Spider »

Yah, it's a big dog Borzoi/Russian Wolfhound. :) Basically a fuzzy Greyhound - but more "gamey" . Greyhounds are safer for cats, lol. I don't think anyone would mess with me with one at my side even though their temperament is not for guarding. Size and the long row of teeth would have someone think twice. :) They are good apartment dogs, like greyhounds, they lay on the couch all day. I'll make up for the 450 sq ft apartment with two-three dog parks close by. I also go on nature walks my friend is not up to going on. I walked her dog more than she did when I lived with her, lol. I want to be able to go for a walk at night when I can't sleep - not a good idea in this neighborhood. I also want something no one else has and I've always liked sight hounds. If he annoys me one day in the apartment I can always take him to doggie day care that is down the street a bit. :lol: I have it all planned out. :wink:

Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Good luck then, I hope you are successful in your search. I bet it will be a perfect dog for you, and hopefully Katie will like having someone else around the house and won't be mad for long :lol: :lol:

Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
New Topic Post Reply