Jet, my hunky boy!

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Jet, my hunky boy!

Post by doublemom2 »

Our cat Jet is really hard to get a good photo of, for some reason he is never in the right light or is looking the wrong way or he gets up and moves as soon as he hears the camera turn on. Today I tricked him and turned the camera on in the other room so he wouldn't hear it, and managed to get this shot before he figured out what I was up to. He is one hunky boy! He is about 16 lb. , and is just one solid snuggle-bunny. He is so incredibly polite and such a gentleman, wish more people in our world had his disposition LOL! Just wanted to share, we think he's pretty handsome :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Jet, my hunky boy!

Post by JaneG »

Awww, what a great Halloween cat picture! :pumpkin:

I agree, it's hard to get a good picture of an all black cat. My black cat Butch was a husky 16 lbs in his prime, the vet wasn't concerned and said for a young active cat, he was fine. Last month at the vet he clocked in at just over 11 lbs and he still looks sleek and healthy, at 10+ years old.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Yep, it's actually really hard to get the camera to focus on him, I have to aim at his eye to get it to even register. He's a really large boy, his head is huge compared to our other cats, he has the paws of a Clydesdale, and just a very large frame overall. And he has such an amazing coat, the first time our vet saw him he asked where on earth we had gotten him from (an animal rescue) because his fur is pretty unique. And to think, we actually adopted him over the phone sight unseen, we didn't even know what color he was until we picked him up LOL! He is completely head-over-heels crazy for one of our daughters, he is like a heat-seeking missile when she's home :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

yes, he has BEAUTIFUL fur, and I noticed his big paws. Great photo! :)

Talking about "hunky"... my mom took in an abandoned all-black cat many years ago, whose name was "Choo Choo". His owner had lived near where she worked, and he moved away and left the cat to fend for himself. :( I always said that Choo-Choo over-ate because he was afraid he might starve.... years later he won the "fat cat" contest at the local Humane Society competition: he broke their cat scale at a whopping 32 lbs and had a 26" waist. At the time I laughed because I said he could wear my jeans. :lol:
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
New Topic Post Reply