Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Gardentoad
USDA Zone: 5

Dogs (not chimps) most like humans

Post by Gardentoad »

Of course we already knew this. :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29895614/ns ... e-science/
Chimpanzees share many of our genes, but dogs have lived with us for so long and undergone so much domestication that they are now serving as a model for understanding human social behavior, according to a new paper.

Cooperation, attachment to people, understanding human verbal and non-verbal communications, and the ability to imitate are just a handful of the social behaviors we share with dogs. They might even think like us at times too, according to the paper, which has been accepted for publication in the journal Advances in the Study of Behavior.
I also keep parrots and the same can be said of their child like behavior, except that if you give a parrot a treat it doesn't want, the parrot will drop it.
Never before have so few with so much promised to take away so much from so many and then laugh their asses off as the so many with so little vote for the so few with so much.

---James Pence
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Re: Dogs (not chimps) most like humans

Post by Ginger »

I have to agree, dogs are getting more human like everyday. I can look at my Rattie all curled up on my bed, with his head on my pillow, and the covers up around him, and I have no doubt he is human :lol: :lol: :lol: Especailly when he gives me that look when I turn on the lights and disturb him :lol: :lol: :lol:

G
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
New Topic Post Reply