Bah humbug

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Bah humbug

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Miss Gracie is not impressed with Christmas. Shortly after this was taken she attacked and killed the tree skirt. Apparently it had been asking for it for awhile.
Attachments
gracie-humbug.jpg
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Bah humbug

Post by Chris_W »

:lol:

Hope the tree was still safe Mike :)

Merry Christmas!

Chris
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Ms Opal sayz Tis the season to be jolly too. NOT my kitty. It's my partner in hosta crime's. We had omelet's today. Merry Christmas. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
christmas at Larsen's 041-2.JPG
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Mike
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Did Gracie send out a message to all of cat-dom that it was time to reject that invasion of the Christmas tree skirt?
My cats ganged up on mine last night, and made an attempt at removing it from the room entirely.
CJ and Gypsy perpetrated the actual slaughter, while Buster supervised.
Fortunately, the dog put an end to it before they accomplished their mission.
:snow:
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Post by govgirl75 »

Always suspected there was an unspoken animosity between cats and tree skirts. Thanks for confirming it. We finally gave up after several were shredded and hauled off by several cats over the years. Eventually, we just gave up and no longer put the skirt on. It is unsightly, but not so stressful on the cats, thinking the skirt is lurking under the tree to attack them. Less expensive for us, too. This year, Anne Marie was happy to lay beneath the tree, next to the naked tree stand, inside the ring of train track, knowing she had won the battle of the tree skirt.
Glo
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

:lol: Some of my cats have been trying to devour the artificial tree small bits at a time. I keep finding evidence of it all through the house. Ugh
Once the gifts have been removed I will leave the tree up for a while because several of the cats like to sleep under it. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Yep, must be a conspiracy because our tree skirt stayed under the tree for approximately 2 minutes and 47 seconds before it became a toy. It has little jungle bells stitched onto it (very well stitched), and the cats think it's a HUGE fun toy for them. It slides across the wood floor, and they pounce on it and it looks like they're ice skating as they slide. Then then pounce under it and play "ambush" with each other, etc. After the 43rd time putting it back under the tree, I simply gave up and just left it out in the middle of the room for them to play with. Amazingly, the little buggers have yet to actually try to climb the tree, but they do enjoy hiding under it and playing "mighty jungle warrior".

Anddi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Kas

Post by Kas »

Well, my dearly departed Pepe barfed on my treeskirt. I guess that was his way of showing his distain for them. Of course, he barfed on lots of stuff. :eek:

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

How comical! Cats are such funny critters. I think I would rather have a cat who tries to kill the tree skirt than my dogs who just pee on it :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:

G
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
New Topic Post Reply