Harry my mini schnauzer :(

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Harry my mini schnauzer :(

Post by Annie »

Harry got sick 3 days ago. He died last night.
The vet said he had a type of flu that is going around that dogs get. I thought he had parvo, but the vet said this flu mimics parvo exactly.
I am so upset :(
He had his shots and I got him fixed and he still died :bawl:

This is a pic of him just a couple of days ago. I am just so sick...You can't believe how much I loved this little dog in the short time I had him.
He reminded me so much of Wilma :(
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Re: Harry my mini schnauzer :(

Post by caliloo »

Oh Annie

I am so sorry! Hugs to you...... :(

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Oh, Annie, I'm so sad for you. Sometimes everything you do is not enough to keep them here. With some dogs, it only takes the first look for them to come right in to your heart.
I'm glad that you had each other, even if the time was way too short.
Hugs
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

oh, I am so sorry. I've never heard of a dog (or cat) getting flu, let alone something like this happening. :(

It makes me think of Cookie... we took her in for her routine leukemia booster and within days she got SO sick. Took her back and they said she had leukemia and wouldn't survive. I always felt they were to blame. :(
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Post by govgirl75 »

I am so sorry for your loss. These little guys work their way into your heart right away and it is devastating to lose them. Sending thoughts and prayers to you today.
Gloria
Kas

Post by Kas »

I'm so sorry, too. He was such a little cutie. It's amazing how quickly we fall in love with them.

I had a little kitten that got saved out of a dumpster. She was so tiny we had to feed her with a bottle. She was black with grey tabby markings like she was a reverse tabby. Very cool. We named her Miss Maxine. She started acting puny and felt like she was burning up, so we took her to the vet. He tested her and she came back positive for feline leukemia. The vet said she probably got it from her mom. I told him we had other cats in the house and he became very concerned. He told us that the leukemia shots only give protection against very casual contact with the virus and living with a sick cat would infect healthy ones even if they had the vaccination. So don't blame the vet. The shots don't give total protection. I still cry for Maxine. This was about the time that song "Little Miss Can't be Wrong" by the Spin Doctors came out. It was her song.

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Ahh Annie, I am sorry! I know how bad it hurts :bawl:

Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG Annie!!!! :o .......I can't believe it either!! I am so sorry!!! :( :( ....Bless you and her!!! I just can't believe it! :( :(
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

That's soo sad!! I'm so sorry to hear that! At least he had a loving home with you. He will watch over you now. :(
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

So sorry to hear about that... I LOVE schnauzers My sister has mini, standard, and giant Schnauzers and they are all so wonderful. Her giant Schnauzer has been fighting a cancerous tumor under her shoulder blade for over a year and it's been so difficult for my sister to know that she's going to have to let go soon.

Whether its dogs or cats or any other animal, they all have special places in our hearts and it's so hard to let them go. Thanks for sharing with us...

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Oh Annie...my heart aches for you and your loss. It only takes a moment to fall in love with our furkids. We all understand that. My sympathies go out to you. :( ((((Annie))))
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply