My girls. :)

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

My girls. :)

Post by party_music50 »

This is one of the things my girls do best in the winter, and when I saw this "sleeping pile" I had to take a pic. Yes, there are four of them sound asleep here, and Esme was the only one who even bothered to open her eyes for me. :)

And I think MaryJane is cute in the snow. She blends in nicely. :lol:
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
tsbccowboy
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota 44°43'39.50"N 93°14'52.40"W

Re: My girls. :)

Post by tsbccowboy »

It's too bad more people can't learn the fine art of just hangin' out.
party_music50

Post by party_music50 »

lol! cowboy, you are so right. I'm (type A personality!) working on that some myself. :beer:
~~~ Audrey ~~~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I love this!! :cool:
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

So adorable! :D

How do you get all those girls to get along? Ours have been together for almost 6 years and still fight anytime they come face to face.
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

They are so cute!!! We have three that will hang out together but rarely cuddle quite like that, unless I'm there with them and then it is one big pile :lol: The fourth cat will tolerate others within about 2 feet, then she gets upset...

Thanks for sharing!

Chris
party_music50

Post by party_music50 »

Thank you, everyone! Proud mom here. :lol:

mu, we literally did a "purr test"! These 4 girls were all adopted on the same day from a local Humane Society. We went with the intention of getting two. MaryJane reached down from the upper cage and tapped my BF on the head, so he said "we aren't leaving without her". Heidi was a sick kitten, barely old enough to be away from her mother -- I liked her screwed up coloring, so I wanted to save her. Morgan had the weirdest face *anybody* had ever seen, so we considered her. BF suggested a "purr test" to see if they'd get along: the cats were all held with their faces near each other and none hissed or pulled away and they all started purring. They were keepers.

We tried another cat that had been there for over 5 months... but she hissed, so she didn't make the cut. The volunteers pulled Esme from a cage, telling us she was the sweetest cat ever. She purred... and now she lives the life of luxury.

They actually tried to talk us into five cats, but I was thinking just clearly enough to put a stop to it. lol! He had two in his car, and I had two in mine, and there just wasn't any more room. I think I experienced a genuine panic attack about an hour after leaving the HS. lol!

I need to learn how to take a video clip with my camera. You have GOT to see Heidi "play ball". She's amazing. :lol:
~~~ Audrey ~~~
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Awesome photo - and yes we all need to learn to relax like that. Now that we have a cat my boys are learning just how different they are fom having a dog around and they came up with a new concept for a Christmas present this past year. They decided evey member of the family gets a "cat day". That is where you can spend the whole day laying around the house, all your meals are prepared for you and eveyone dotes on you. Not only is it a fun idea, but I thought it was pretty creative for an 8 and 11 yo to come up with!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
party_music50

Post by party_music50 »

Alexa, that "cat day" is a GREAT idea! :beer:
~~~ Audrey ~~~
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

They are so sweet! Our 4 cats sleep like that on warm days. It's so cute!
Here's a pic of them.
black and white is O'Shawnnessey, Orange fur ball is Wilbur or Willie, then Darby and Mirabelle.

Debbie
Attachments
P1010050THE GANG.jpg

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Debbie!! Great picture of the kids!! And it's nice to see you!! :cool:
party_music50

Post by party_music50 »

Tundra, Darby and Mirabelle blend nicely don't they?! It took me 3 tries before I saw 4 cats. lol! What a nice pic and PRETTY kitties! I'd love an orange cat because they're always so sweet and affectionate, but have never had one. Willie is BEAUTIFUL! is he sweet and affectionate? lol!
~~~ Audrey ~~~
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Awww, how precious! Hubby and I were just talking the other day about whether or not our cat would accept another. He's pretty mild-mannered so it might work out. That's funny about how you "purr tested" them first! :lol:

Debbie, it's good to see a new pic of your four cats. That one sure looks funny bending his head backwards to look at you! And look how big that cute little Wilbur has gotten!!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Party, love the pic and the purr test story. They are so darn cute.

Tundra, that's a great shot as well. What a bunch of cool cats.

Alexa, what a great idea, you've got some smart boys there.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

So nice to see those cat piles. My kids used to call out "DOG PILE ON DADDY" and they would all jump on him and roll around on the floor fake wrestling and laughing.
When they got tired, they'd say "CAT PILE ON MOMMY" and come and snuggle on my lap. I always remember that when I see a group of cats sleeping.
My three tolerate one another. Two of them slept together often when they were younger, but now they generally seek their own favorite spots. CJ and Gypsy are siblings and get along well, but Buster is an outsider. The only time they sleep together is if I'm in the middle of the pile, and now they have the dog to contend with. They arrange themselves carefully, the dog under a blanket next to my leg, CJ on my lap, Buster on my shoulders, and Gypsy on whichever side the dog hasn't taken. We're all fine until someone moves, and then they all scatter. :lol:
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply