Bubbles

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Bubbles

Post by Annie »

I've not had much luck with my dogs this past year. When Wilma died that was the worst thing to happen.
Then I had Harry, and he got sick and didn't make it.

So now here is Bubbles. We got her and I'll be danged if she didn't get sick too! She almost died from the same thing Harry had. But I got her to the vet in time. I hated losing Harry, but I did learn from that experience. First time she started throwing up off to the vet she went. She went almost a week without eating. They were force feeding her with a syringe just to keep her alive. Well I am SOOOOOO happy to say she DID pull through! I cried the day I took her in I was so afraid she was going to die. Told my hubby if she didn't make it I was not going to get another one EVER!.

I was so careful with her, I even kept her up at Muffy's house until the Vet said my house would be OK to bring her home. In case there was still anything germy at my house yet. I didn't even get her home and she got the same thing Harry died from. I don't get this sickness. Because my dogs or Muffys didn't get it at all. Just Harry and this pup.

But anyway on to the photos :)
Presenting Bubbles, oh and Muffy's daughter named her for me :) I was going to call her Rosie, but Abby like the name Bubbles. I know that is an odd name for me to pick, but I kinda liked it and she just looks like a big fuzzy white bubble.

If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Annie

Re: Bubbles

Post by Annie »

A video of her and Betty playing in the snow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxsUHsJbPd0
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

She's just beautiful!!! And I think the name is perfect, she does look like a white puffy bubble. I need to go back and read your other post, what sickness did they both have?

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Just a little fur ball :lol: :lol: Is she a Samoyed Huskey? I am like Andi, I don't recall you saying what madeHarry sick?

Ginger

Edited to admit I am a moron. I re-read the first post about Harry, and see it was a flu. Now I am a bit worried because Prissy has been throwing up off and on yesterday, but I thought it was something she ate, she eats everything!
Annie, can you tell me the symptoms?

Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
Annie

Post by Annie »

It was a kind of flu.

The symptoms were throwing up and then the diarrhea. She started with soft poopies that morning and laying around, and then she was throwing up, she drank, but she stopped eating also that day, but by that night she was eating again. She was even playing again that night. But Harry did the exact same thing, that's why I didn't take him that next day he was acting fine. But by that night he got to acting just like he was the day before and by then it was to late to help him :(

So that's why I got Bubbles into the vet in time. A very hard lesson to learn. As soon as Bev told me how she was acting I knew it was the same thing.

All that week she was at the vets she wouldn't eat. She always drank though.
Then they told me I could take her home and she just dived into her food. At that was it! She has been fine since.

~~Annie~~
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Awww, she's beautiful. Love the name you picked for her, I bet she'll grow into it. Sorry to hear about the loss of your other dogs. Wishing you and Bubbles all the best. :D
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh how precious!!! But.....*clearing throat*......Bubbles??....... :lol: ....Your like me with people names.....but it's sweet that your niece name her..... :beer:
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

awwww..... such a sweet face! and I like the name Bubbles for her! She's a BIG puppy!!!

I thought it must have been distemper. Years ago my mom had to have her big Lab put to sleep and she got a lab mix puppy from a "pound". Soon after the puppy got sick and died (from distemper) and the vet said she couldn't get another puppy for SIX MONTHS because that's how long the virus could be in her house. That was a tough six months for her.
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
Annie

Post by Annie »

LucyGoose wrote:Oh how precious!!! But.....*clearing throat*......Bubbles??....... :lol: ....Your like me with people names.....but it's sweet that your niece name her..... :beer:
I know, I know :lol:
But Abby was so proud she named my dog for me, and I really do like it LOL.

I took her back to the vet for her next set of puppy shots and they said she is doing great :)
You couldn't tell by looking at her but she was really skinny after being sick. All that hair hid it. But she had gained 5 lbs since I got her home and when I took her back up. That was in about a week and a half.
I took this one last night.

Here are the "kids" right after I got Bubbles home from the vet. When she was skinny.

And I took this one yesterday, the kids wanting back in the house. The deck is a mess, some one thinks it's a toilet :lol:
She makes Travis really look like a warthog because her hair is so soft and his is really wiry and he always looks like he needs brushed :lol: :lol:
Bubbles, Betty and Travis :)

~~Annie~~
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Oh Annie...you have had it rough this year and it makes me want to cry just thinking about the two furkids you lost. But thank goodness that Bubbles is now okay! She is truly adorable. I just want to snatch her up and cuddle her! :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply