My dog is crazy!

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Linda P

My dog is crazy!

Post by Linda P »

This morning, I was sitting here at the computer perusing the forums when I heard a splash in the bathroom.
I hurried in to find Zeke in the bathtub, which was full of water, trying to climb out.
He likes to toss his toys into water and then whine til I get them out. The toilet lid must be firmly closed at
all times, and the curtain closed across the tub if there's water in it. I forgot to close the curtain....
I guess he decided that he could get the toy himself. His short little legs wouldn't allow him to climb out.
No, Zeke, you are not a lab..you are a Dachshund!!!!
I had to put the toy up, because he got snarky with me when I hauled him out and dried him off. He wanted the
toy, and he wanted it now!!! A squeaky toy for Zeke is like catnip for a cat. He just goes out of his head
sometimes with it. So, now the toy is on the refrigerator, where he knows he cannot ask for it, and he's laying
here all depressed and soaking wet..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wish you all could have seen this silly little doxie paddling around in the tub...I'm still laughing!!!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Re: My dog is crazy!

Post by govgirl75 »

From your description, I can pretty imagine your little Zeke and his adventure. Is he giving you the "stink eye"? That is what mine do when I have displeased them. :lol:
Gloria
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Goofy little boy :lol: :lol: Mine get all sulky when they don't get their way. They will turn their back on you and ignore you :lol: :lol: little snots :evil:

G
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: :lol:
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Yes, Gloria...he's a master at the 'stink eye'. Another little trick he has when he is mad at me is that he will go
and hide under the sofa. He will also ignore me and pretend I don't exist. He is usually such a happy little boy,
and sulking doesn't last long.

Linda P

My Hosta List
homerdog

Post by homerdog »

That would of been funny! Homer won't even been here for awhile as my father has been ill.He passed on the 13th with a major stroke.I have had a bad year1 i hope next year is better for me it has to be.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

homerdog...
I don't know if I've told 'the rest of the story' here about my little dog Zeke, who came to us out of the blue. When I went to the vet (the family who had him before used the same vet that we do) they gave me a copy of his records, and it turns out that his birthdate is the same date that my dad died. I'm glad I waited til I got home to look at the record, because I immediately burst into tears when I saw that date. What a huge difference having that little dog around has made in my life as I've been trying to move on. I took care of my dad for 6 years after Mom died..he never expected to have to learn to live alone in his 80's..he always thought that he would go first. He married again 3 years after Mom died, and I planned his wedding, did the flowers and food, then looked after my stepmom, too...
When he left, there was such a terrible empty spot in my life. When Zeke came along, I thought the first minute I laid eyes on him that he was just the kind of happy little dog my dad loved. Then I discovered that birthdate, and knew that the dog was a special gift.
I hope you can find some joy in your dog as well, and I, too, hope your next year is much better.

Linda P

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply