Lizards n' stuff

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Lizards n' stuff

Post by doublemom2 »

Gizmo was showing off like crazy today, so of course I had to go grab the camera :) It's hard to believe we've had him for almost 4 years now. Wish I knew how old he is, but he's showing no signs of slowing down, eating like a pig every day, and posing for the camera any time he can :)

Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Re: Lizards n' stuff

Post by Ginger »

Have to wait till I get home to see the picture, but it made me think about a lizard we had at our fund raiser in Pet Smart last weekend. It was Santa Paws so you could bring in your pet and get a picture with Santa for 10 bucks and half of it went to our resuce... so anyway, a really cute young couple came in with their bearded dragon, and he had lots of colors! Green and red and blue and even some yellow. It was really pretty and the young kid said it was because he ate really good vegetables. Does their diet afect the color like that? It was really pretty.
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Ginger... proper diet and light/temperature are both incredibly important to have a healthy lizard. Mine is a Uromastyx, and they drastically change color depending on their body temperature.
Andi
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Not a pet for me but he sure is pretty! :lol:

I remember when you got him...my gosh time flies!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Kas

Post by Kas »

Old Bristle Britches gets cooler looking as he gets older! Where are pics of the girls? I haven't seen them in a while.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
doublemom2

Re: Lizards n' stuff - updated

Post by doublemom2 »

Just got a decent photo of Pooka and Chili this morning. It's hard to get them together, usually they're only out and about one at a time. They're doing well, about half grown now. Pooka is definitely a girl, but Chili is showing more and more signs of being a boy, so things might be interesting in a couple of years when they're mature :o Anyone interested in pre-adopting some really cute baby lizards LOL!?!?!

Monkey is still a great babysitter for the lizzies, he *loves* to help feed them, mostly because he's an abnormal cat who loves to eat greens and lima beans and peas... crazy little boy!

Merry Christmas to all!

Andi & The Zoo
Andi
New Topic Post Reply