Our Newest Member.

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Our Newest Member.

Post by kHT »

We had to put our special Mitzy girl down a couple weeks ago and it's been so hard on all of us here. After looking all over for a smaller dog we decided to go back to the shop where Mitzy was found. This one just melted DH and he picked her out this time. Sable is Pekapom, her colors are what they call an orange Sable parti. I stopped by the shop a friend has and the girls there named her Sable! We are working on the sit and pee patrol. The vet was the first stop and she weighs in at 2.6 lbs.
Attachments
20110902_10b.jpg
20110902_10b.jpg (6.14 KiB) Viewed 11966 times
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
eastwood2007

Re: Our Newest Member.

Post by eastwood2007 »

Oh, Karma, I am so sorry to hear about your Mitzy. It is so hard....

Sable is a precious little girl! What a sweet face!

I pray she gives you and your family many years of delightful companionship, just as Mitzy did.

I hope you'll keep us updated on her progress. :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
ogrefcf
USDA Zone: 5-6

Post by ogrefcf »

Sorry to hear about your loss. Our family lost both our dogs this year and they were family to us, so I know how ya feel. Sable's adorable! Looks like she going to fit right in.
Owen
Hosta12_Ia

Post by Hosta12_Ia »

She is adorable. Hope she will fill the hole left by losing Mitzi.
The Garden is a Mirror of the Heart
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thank you all, she is fitting in just great! She is one smart little girl, got the kennel, pee pad, going outside, sitting, and come down in less than 48 hours!! She is really content with entertaining her masters and herself. Loves to ride in my purse and has found she loves to sleep on her back. She has stole the hearts of several of our friends already. We were both missing Mitzy so bad it was time for another!! I know Mitzy was a blessing when it came to helping my DH with his health issues. Again Thanks!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Post by govgirl75 »

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. They do steal our hearts, don't they?
Sable is the cutest thing ever! And so smart. Congratulations on the new addition.
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thanks govgirl75! She sure is a handful when she gets a wild hair. Teaching her 'No' is another story! DH just melts when he sees those eyes, like I dare you to say,' No!' I'm not finding the water guns the boys had so I'm feeling a trip to the store is in order.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Karma and Owen.....I'm also so sorry for your losses this year of your precious furkids. All of us using the Pet Forum know how our pets become part of our family and that horrible feeling when one passes. Hugs to your both.

Karma...Your new addition to your family is just too adorable for words. What a little fluff ball! Good luck with Sable's training! I'll be looking forward to more pics. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
kHT

Post by kHT »

So sorry for your loss Owen, to loose two in one year, ouch!! What a heart breaker. Have you gotten replacements?

Joan, Sable has her own album on our PB site. She has stolen the hearts of several of our friends and so this is the way they can see her.
She is so funny when we go outside, first it was picking up leaves and now it's dirt balls? I have to keep the lawn mowed or she gets lost in
the tall grass. She also loves the sprinkler and how the water goes around in circle but give her a bath, no way!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
ogrefcf
USDA Zone: 5-6

Post by ogrefcf »

Karma, no we haven't replaced them. They actually had to be put down and were only 2 and 3 years old. They both got loose and killed some pet sheep. Animal Control and the Judge required they be put down :( . Probably one of the hardest things I have had to go through. I also work with Animal control and the Judge, so it made it even harder. We are still healing now, but will maybe start looking next year. I completed the fence and fixed it up so there will be no repeats. We had a Olde English Bulldog and a Border Collie, Maximus and Merc,

Not the best picture, but here's both after my son was dressing them up.

Sorry for the long post, don't want to hijack your thread.
Owen
kHT

Post by kHT »

Again I'm so sorry Owen, it's so hard to put them down but you did the right thing. My brother had to do the same for one of his dogs, once they start going after another animal, one can never know what they might do. Time to heal and there will be a time to look for other furbabies.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
kHT

Post by kHT »

I know puppies do a lot of chewing, any hints on how to stop this destruction?

Just had our last of the puppy shots and she gained a full pound!! The vet couldn't believe how calm she was and the fact she got nose to nose with the Dobbie/Great Dane in the lobby.
:lol: I keep saying he thinks she is a big dog.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Karma...get deer antlers for chewing...no rawhides...a good bully stick is good, and digestable and if you get a good one, they are cured right and do not smell to high heaven..... :lol: ....I hope you got her the 3 year rabie.....I need to call you, don't I? :lol:
kHT

Post by kHT »

Hey Goose!! It was so good to hear your voice this am! You are the best and thank you for the reply. Sable has Nylabone but she would rather chew on sticks and cords! She has chewed up several toys and learning the word NO! We are also surprise how much she loves to dig!! She can find nuts that the squirrel buries and I'm always filling holes in the yard.
If I stop her she will charge my pant legs and bite them! She is so different from MItzy!! When she get mad at DH, she will go behind his chair and leave him a present! :lol: She loves to play ball now that we have those smaller tennis balls. I will try to get ya more photos!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: Always good to chat with you too, Missy! Would you like a deer antler pressie in the mail from the paps?? :lol: There is a tiny yorkie at the dog club that we share our stuff that gets too small for my dogs......I can send you one next week........this week is really busy......I will get her something..... Your doing great in the food part, too!! :beer:
kHT

Post by kHT »

What a sweet offer, let me see if I can find them locally. Sable's new trick this week is trying to get into the potted plants that were brought inside this past weekend. She loves to play ball so we roll down the hall and she stops cold at the bathroom door, her pad is in there and she doesn't have to go!! It is so funny!!
Attachments
20111011_11b.jpg
20111011_11b.jpg (11.95 KiB) Viewed 12845 times
20111011_15b.jpg
20111011_15b.jpg (12.16 KiB) Viewed 12845 times
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG....Look at that tiny thing!! :lol: .....How cute!! Okay....but I can mail you some.....Thanks for the pictures......giver her a pat from me!! :wink:
kHT

Post by kHT »

This maybe a silly question...... Why is this little one eating bugs? I've never had a dog what will go outside and think bug eating is what she needs to do instead of her business.
Sable will head for both greenhouses and check the floor for bugs and last Friday she caught a dragonfly. Not a small one but a good sized one. She also will dig up walnuts that the squirrels bury in the yard. So she is a digger and I am ending up giving her more baths!! We used to have a pile of gravel and due to her digging she has spread it all over now. I guess Mitzy had us spoiled being so well behaved!! Yesterday while in the greenhouse she found the 3 frogs and one gave me a good scare! She didn't like me telling her it wasn't her chew toy!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: .....Now Karma....remember......where she came from..... :lol: ..... :wink:

Why can't she eat bugs? :lol: ...I do not know....maybe it is time to switch off Soild Gold.....to a bug protein one.... :lol:

I say she is still a baby and learning....Miss Anabelle at age 2 right now is a lot better in a lot of ways......Give your little peanut time and have fun....Aren't puppies wonderful?

Hey I called Bro/OED last night.....he is alive and well.... :beer:
kHT

Post by kHT »

O how I miss him!! Give him my best!! Tell him the manual he sent our way is really getting some use out of it. The Classic is purrrring like a well tuned car should!!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply