Puppy Hiccups

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Puppy Hiccups

Post by kHT »

We had Sable fixed yesterday and all the sudden this morning she started having all body hiccups. So I panicked and called the vet as this is the first I
had seen her do this. Four hours later I have her called down and napping. What a trip! I also removed her collar that has her new tags on to find that
she has chewed off some good chunks of the paint off the new tags. Heck they weigh just as much as she does! Weighing in at 6 lbs now and hates the tags!

Be for warned, dog on drugs......this was taken an hour after getting her home.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/ ... 0130_8.jpg
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Puppy Hiccups

Post by Chris_W »

:lol: Yes, she doesn't look happy!

You can put your pictures right into the post by using the img tags. Just put [img] just before your photo link and then [/img] right after and it will show right in your post :)
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Poor baby....glad she's doing okay now. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thank Chris for the tip but I thought that photo might embarrass her as she sits in my lap. :lol: I'll do that next time.

She is finally eating this am so the baby aspirin is helping with the pain and she is made her rocker was put into the spare bedroom so she
isn't jumping in and out of it. She also has her blanket messed up in her PVC bed so she is on the road to recovery. She is so much calmer now
also so we did the right thing.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Love the picture!! Hug her for me!!

Hey Karma....I have used these tags for a number of years now and I love them...you can get both sides engraved...I order the plastic, and I use the bone....they are not heavy.....they do not change the color on the fur of the paps....I forget who told me about them.....now my sister used the one for the collar.....works for her....they are super fast getting to you, too.... :D

forgot the durn link......

http://www.boomerangtags.com/
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thanks Goose for the link to the tags, will have to look into them but right now she has one that we got at Pet Smart, name on one side and our phone number on the other.
She has that tag, her rabies and the license, plus her chip tag. She hates them all! Chews them like crazy. I tried a wider collar that we had and found that she slipped it off one time and the next time, I don't know how she did it but it was on the floor unlatched. So I had to figure out how to attach all those tags to the smaller collar that she wears. She is sure picky and when we put her harness on it's like I'm going to sit in protest here! Take these all off and it's a wild dog!! We are dealing with pain again, she got picked up wrong yesterday so she is yelping some today when she moves wrong. Still dealing with those silly hiccups and she looks so sad when she gets them. We have put her PVC bed where the rocker was and she lays in the bed more now, she also has a nice view out the front door. She is becoming a great watch dog and really protective! She loves the mail lady and will tell you when she is in the neighborhood, it's so funny. Sable is so special to her, she stopped yesterday on her day off and brought her a new toy and treats! She even had to show her off to her husband!

Also Goose, Sable has forced me to cut the hair! They took off a foot and half yesterday due to she loves to chew it!! I bend over to dry the hair and the next thing I know she is at my feet trying to chew the hair. Now it makes it a little harder for her to get to, she thinks it's her chew toy, no matter how many times she is told, no!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
Aud
USDA Zone: zone 6

Post by Aud »

That is such a cute pic. I am glad she is doing better. I know you were scared I would have been scared also.

I am sorry I did have to laugh at that pics. It is truly worth a thousand words she really does not look happy at all.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Each dog has two of those tags, this one side our name and address...back side of that, city tag numbers...on the other....micro-chip number, and on the back of that rabies tag number and phone number to vet...they are covered....I like that don't jingle like metal...

Good for you cutting that hair....hey...did it go to Locks of Love? Just so you know...my boss....hmm in her older years, but I am older... :lol: ...is cutting her waist length hair for Locks of Love.......I know you have in the past........XOXOX........CUT IT!!!! :beer: ... :lol:
kHT

Post by kHT »

Aud, it's one step forward and two steps backward. I noted today she wasn't drinking and wants to be held. So I took the straw out and feed her water as she doesn't what to leave
her bed. She has her new toy, we call it her baby. She even wants folks to carry her outside. What a trip.

Yes Goose, that is where it went. The shop owner said since it's a strange color they may use it for highlights. She kept saying she would be glad to add to it if I wanted to go shoulder length. Me in short hair, it's not going to happen! Been there done that and folks wouldn't know who I was if I did. :lol: I prefer to keep it as most in my family are going bald!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

You ain't been there done that in DECADES!!! :lol: .. :lol: .. :lol: .. :lol: ......I say, GO FOR IT!!! You might even like it!! XOXOXOX
kHT

Post by kHT »

Goose, as DH said no way are you cutting it any shorter! He has seen the photos of the short hair and likes it long too. I might have to loan him some?
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol:
Bob Scott
USDA Zone: 5-6

Post by Bob Scott »

Don't you dare cut that beautiful long hair! :wink: :D
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Whatever Bro!! :lol:
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thanks Bro, with the new puppy, it's a must keeping it up so she don't chew on it while we play on the floor.

I'm glad the hiccups have stopped. I think it was due to stress of the surgery due to they only lasted a couple weeks.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply