Weight Watchers

Use this area to share diet tips and weight loss recipes or secrets.

Moderator: Chris_W

Justme

Weight Watchers

Post by Justme »

I go to my weekly meeting this morning, hoping to loose another pound, and that will bring me to 30lb. loss :D Have been going since Sept. (I am a lifetime member :???: ) and except for Holiday Month, and Vacation week, it has been going well, and easy.

Walking 2 to 3 miles in the mall 3 to 4 days a week.

Only 60 lbs. more to go :cry: , at this rate that is another year. :o

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
viktoria

Post by viktoria »

Good luck!
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
impatience

Post by impatience »

Congratulations!!
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Good for you! I have started it but never finish is LOL.
I gotta go back and start my walking back up.
Wish I lost 30 lbs!! Course I'm not trying :(
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Tami, even if you never lose that much weight you are a lot healthier I'm sure, which is the best thing of all! Congratulations :D
madmama

Post by madmama »

Congratulations Tami!!!!!!!
Loosing 30 pounds is something to be very proud of. Just take one day at a time. You can do it!!!
<font size="+2" I>Jane<I/font>
Justme

Post by Justme »

Well, only lost 1/2 lb. so still need to loose 1/2 lb. for that $%%##$%^ Star :lol: . Close enough though. I always eat my "extra" points on the weekend and weight more on Mondays than any other weekday, but Monday is the only day I can weigh in becouse of work schedule. My home scale says I have lost 1 lb of weight since yesterday, so as far as I am concerned I got past 30lbs!
:lol: :lol:

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:beer: Way to go Tami!!! You should be so proud of yourself! I'll bet you're feeling alot lighter on your feet already!

I've joined and quit WW more times than I care to admit to myself. :oops: A couple of times I've been very successful with it so I know it works...just have to have the brain in the right place to stick it out. I swore I'd never join again, but guess what? This time I'm joining with a friend which I've never done before. We're both hoping that the buddy system will make it work this time. First meeting is today so wish me luck! :D
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Congrats Tami and good luck PatSue!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Justme

Post by Justme »

Good for you Patsue! I also have joined and rejoined. Well I got to lifetime the first time, then got pregnant the week I hit goal weight :eek: :lol:

Like the points much more than the exchanges. Easier to follow. Good Luck, it should be easier to stay motivated with a partner for support.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:lol: :lol: Tami, I found out I was pregnant with Alex the same week I hit goal at Weight Watchers. Talk about mixed feelings!!! :lol:

I'm doing the Core Program and finding it SO EASY to follow!!! I've lost over 8 lbs in the first 2 weeks which is really unheard of for my snail's paced metabolism. I'm trying to walk the dog more too (especially since my bone density scan says I have osteoporosis :( ) and I'm sure the increased walking has helped me lose faster than I normally do.

Good luck with the rest of your weight. You're 30 lbs ahead of me! :lol:
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

How's your weight loss going Tami? I'm sure you're well over that 30 lb. mark by now!

I'm still doing the core program with pretty good success.
I weighed in today and so far my total is -18.6 lbs. I've got a long way to go but I'm enjoying my baggy pants! :lol:
Justme

Post by Justme »

Patsue, will you are right, sort of :???: I have lost 35 lbs., but haven't been doing so well with the summer months here.

Went on vacation, birthdays etc. late May and Early June, gained 10 or 12 pounds back. Have taken that back off, but haven't really been writing down the points the last two weeks, just sort of in the head. Had some ice cream I shouldn't have had, oh, well, I go back to meeting this Monday and will do fine for the next two weeks. My BD is the 22nd and I am going to Chicago for the weekend. I know I will overeat then, plan on it even. :lol:

I did't get this large overnight, won't loose it overnight. And I might as well live my life while I am loosing weight, practice for when I get to goal, and I will, I just need another year, to year and half. I need to loose 50 to 55 more.

My leader has lost 132 lbs, took her over 3 years to do it. It is people who loosing that much overnight (so to speak) that depress me.

Keep up your good work and weight loss.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Good for you Tami! You're right too about losing it slowly and realistically. The other night was one of those beautiful summer evenings with a nice breeze that just begged for a trip to the Dairy Queen. I gave in and got a small raspberry sundae and ate half of it. Hugo enjoyed his half. :lol:
I'm actually finding the Core program pretty easy to stick too because of all the fresh produce out there. Right now I'm addicted to zucchini and sweet onion sliced thin and stir fried in olive oil and then mixed in with brown rice. YUMMMM
(okay, it's not brownies or pizza but a girl's gotta make adjustments!)

I didn't make it to my meeting last week because I was buying a car but I'm getting pretty close to the 25 lb. mark.

Keep up your good work. If we just stick to it for the long haul we'll both be looking FINE one of these days! :lol:
Justme

Post by Justme »

Wow, good for you. don't know anyone else on core. Guess I could do it for a change of pace, but really like my carbs. :D

Have a family reunion today, 22nd Wedding Anniv. next Sat. and my BD the weekend after that. It is the weekends that kill me. But at least I am not gaining.

I am missing Spaghetti Squash. It is a winter squash and not in stores currently :evil: The whole thing was 0 points.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

You can have carbs on Core! I have either brown rice, baked potato or whole wheat bread every day. You can eat all the fruit you want. You also get 35 pts a week to use as you please...I usually use them on yogurt (plain, fat free yogurt is a core food but who can eat that?) and extra bread. oh...and Bud Lite is 2 pts a can LOL. You can also have all the popcorn you need as long as it's the 94% fat free kind. I'm planning to eat watermelon and cantaloupe for lunch along with tuna salad. Everything in that meal is Core food so there's no points used. For now I'm finding the Core plan really easy to follow but I imagine when the holidays come around I'll switch to points for a while so I can work in an occasional holiday treat.

Don't despair about your spaghetti squash. Fall will be here before you know it and you'll be able to buy it by the bushel basket. LOL
New Topic Post Reply