Weight Watcher's recipe

Use this area to share diet tips and weight loss recipes or secrets.

Moderator: Chris_W

patsue53

Weight Watcher's recipe

Post by patsue53 »

I'm following the new Core Plan at weight watchers. On that plan I don't have to count points (except 35 pts that I get to spend as I please) but I must eat at least 5 fruits and vegetables a day, I can have lean meat. Whole grain pasta, bread, or potato or brown rice can be eaten once a day. Vegetables and fruits must be in their natural state...no fats or sugars added. Also on this program you are required to eat 2 tsp/day of either olive oil, safflower oil, canola oil etc. (the good kind...I use cannola or olive).
The key to this program is to learn to stop eating when you're satisfied.

So...with the farmer's markets getting into full swing here's what I'm currently addicted to and eat about every other night. :lol:

Yellow and or Green Zucchini thinly sliced Sweet onion thinly sliced

Stir fry the zucchini and onion in 2 tsps of olive oil (I spray the skillet with olive oil flavored PAM too). In a separate pan prepare Minute Brown Rice.

When it's all done I mix them together. Lordy that zucchini tastes good stir fried like that!!

I also do this with any combination of frozen vegetables that tickles my fancy. If I want to make a complete meal out of it I add an egg or 2 and scramble them in with the veggies.
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Sounds great, Pat! And it's good to know I'm not the only person eating ZUCCHINI!!! It's not as healthy as yours, but I fixed zucchini quiche this weekend. I think I'll try it your way.

I have a non-stop supply of tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and zucchini from the garden, but I still love the Farmers Market. It's one of my favorite things I about Saturday mornings in the summer. I pick up fresh fruits and veggies for the week. I also tend to try new things, maybe a type of pepper or squash that I've never had before.

I don't check in much here, how has Weight Watcher's been working for you??
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
New Topic Post Reply