The importance of exercise

Use this area to share diet tips and weight loss recipes or secrets.

Moderator: Chris_W

KellieD

The importance of exercise

Post by KellieD »

Exercise. That word alone has elicited more groans.

The scale says I'm holding steady or dropping, the full length mirror says the fat is packing on. Losing muscle, gaining fat. The difference is that the last two months I haven't been going for hikes like I had been and have been involved in accomplishing projects that have a whole lot of holding still in them.

I miss my walks and REALLY miss the hiking. Once I do both again, I'll let you know what the mirror says!
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

So, what constitutes exercise?? Is it lifting the fork to my mouth? Folding clothes out of the dryer? It can't be weeding as that is way too much fun to be exercise. (Yeah, right.)
How much exercise do you get getting in and out of the car at nurseries? Loading and unloading the vehicle at those same nurseries. Rearranging the pots at home while you are figuring out where to plant everything you bought at the nurseries. Planting? No exercise in that! (Yeah, right.)
insam

Post by insam »

Kellie, I consider most any physical activity exercise. I played a sport for 8 years and recently "retired" but I have always done little things for good measure. Sometimes I will do calf raises while standing at the street corner waiting to cross etc. I prefer to walk rather than drive any time it's feasible (and sometimes when it isn't). There is no doubt that gardening can be quite physical, and I'm counting on the two years of gardening work I have to do in a few months to help me stay fit. Every extra movement helps for sure, more than most people would ever realize (like not taking elevators or escalators when there are stair options). I know many people who pay to go to fitness centers. Some of it may be motivation or just fun or even social, but I'm able to find moments to do things throughout the day. I used to do various exercises during tv commericals if I was watching a program. It's quite easy as long as we're mindful and need not be mentally or physically difficult. Hiking and seeing beautiful things add to the experience for sure! :wink:
New Topic Post Reply