Belly fat - pleeze help me!

Use this area to share diet tips and weight loss recipes or secrets.

Moderator: Chris_W

Wheasie

Belly fat - pleeze help me!

Post by Wheasie »

I grew up thin - no, actually skinny. I put on weight and looked more like a normal human being following my pregnancies. I've remained relatively slender but I have deposited a lot of weight in my abdomen and breasts. How do I get rid of it???

Wheasie
newhostaaddict

Post by newhostaaddict »

come on you people out there....we NEED HELP....

send your ideas....

lol....jill
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG......I too can relate now.... :o

I have always been one to never watch what I eat or worry about weight......Then came the dreaded.......MENOPAUSE!!! :eek: .....No more periods now for a year.......BUT.......BELLY STARTED POOCHING OUT!!! :o ........Then back surgery came.......MORE BELLY....... :o ......then the 70's caught up with me.......... :o .. :eek: ..:bawl:!!!! ...thyroid out of whack, after always being the same small dose of meds, they are way higher dose now..... :evil: .....Oh, and I have quit smoking for a year this month, so I bet THAT isn't helping, slower metabolism they say.....then a lady at work, that is like 10 years older than me, poked at my belly last week and said...* you look pregnant*,,,, :eek: .....I didn't get mad cause I DO!!!!

HELP IS RIGHT....WHAT TO DO????

I hope to get a pup soon and start walking in good weather.....I just now started looking A LOT at what I am eating......I'm up 30 pounds.....

I don't want to look like my mother.....She always said I would!! :lol: :lol: :evil:

Good thing I had that 50th birthday party.....I am right!! It's a He(( after 50!!!! :P
impatience

Post by impatience »

Liposuction? :wink:

At a certain age (which I passed some time back) a woman's belly gets that dreaded layer of fat. You can tone up the underlying muscle which is a help, but the pooch just won't go away. Beats hot flashes. :evil:

Any other ideas? I hope I am wrong about this.
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

What happens when I get hot flashes also?? :evil:
impatience

Post by impatience »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The sweat dripping off my nose days are behind me after five looooooong years. Oh yes, let's not forget the "I am losing my mind" years too. Now I have moved into the brittle bones, belly fat, drooping butt years.

Never did get my mind back.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: .. :lol: .. :lol: .. :lol:
newhostaaddict

Post by newhostaaddict »

lol...you girls are NOT much help...

had the thyroid checked...that's fine....had all the normal blood work done....all that's fine...

did get a pug and she DOES LIKE to go on walks...and i HAVE LOST 25 lbs over the last year....but now i am STUCK and 25 more need to GO....

just turned 50 and the hot flashes still come and go...thought the menstration was done also....but after 15 months the dreaded "Visitor"....LOL....was back....

bad knees,,,,bad back,,,,what's a girl to do.....SHEESH...

not ready to give up yet....jill
Justme

Post by Justme »

Well, I have been fighting the extra pounds since I was in my early teens. :evil: Have lost and regained on every diet under the sun. Now I am back at WW with a co-worker starting last week.

As for belly fat. Try reading "You on a Diet". It explains the reason for fat specifically in your belly area and how to eat to get rid of it. The MD's who wrote the book claim that it isn't the pounds you weigh, but the inches around your waist that will do you in. And the ideas/suggestions they give are adaptable to WW.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I grew up skinny also. I was called everything from "bean pole" to "chicken legs" all my early years. But........now I am fighting the belly fat battle too. That has always been the area of my body where the fat would go first. Even when I was skinny I had a poochy belly. I think it ran in my family because all of us women/girls had it. We never had the concave tummies that you see at the beach. :lol:
When I was about to turn 40 I went on a self-improvement kick. I started to exercise every day(did Tae Bo at home), cut out all soda pop and desserts (except occasionally on the weekends), cut and colored my hair, got contacts.....etc.....and looked good for a few years. Actually I probably lost a bit too much weight there for a while and I think some people wondered if I had become anorexic. :lol: I had to laugh at that, since I enjoy my food far too much to ever become anorexic or bulimic. I ate good, just avoided some of the more problematic foods. Over the years a few pounds have snuck back each year and it sure does add up! So now I'm almost back to where I started from! I'm not really overweight, but the way my weight is distributed it affects how I feel. The added weight around the tummy puts a strain on my back. I sure don't need that since I have so many other aches and pains now. :roll:
And yes...my thyroid was underactive too , so now I take meds daily (which the dosage just got increased ). I know that for me I need to go back to watching what I eat and get myself back on an exercise program! I just don't seem to have the giddy up and go attitude for it yet. Maybe the threat of that next dreaded zero birthday will inspire me soon.
So I guess my advice is to put yourself on a good healthy diet.....avoid the bad stuff ( but reward yourself sometimes with a tasty treat) ....and find an exercise program that you can do daily (without doing serious harm to your body :lol: ). I know my boss has lost over 60 lbs. on WW and that seems to work well for him. I'm not the type to go to weekly weigh ins though. :lol:
Good luck to all of you out there who are struggling with this issue now. I sure do feel for you all , since I am in that position myself. :???:

BTW....it made me really wonder at the time about the runway models. I had gotten down to about 110 lbs and I was a bit over 5'4". I was beginning to look unhealthly skinny. Most of those models are of a similar weight, but are much taller (some are 6' tall), so can you imagine how emaciated they must look in person!!! :o
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Wheasie

Post by Wheasie »

Well... some consolation knowing that I am not alone. Am considering a tummy tuck... but then would not have $$$ for my hosta addiction. Oh, never mind - on the bright side, I have a nice "tissue reserve" if ever needed for something.

Louise
impatience

Post by impatience »

Tissue reserve? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Do what I do, just push a wheel barrow in front of you :lol:

I give up, I'll never be thin, so I just keep getting bigger wheel barrows :D
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
newtohosta-no more

:lol: You ladies are a hoot! It's good to know that many of us are fighting the belly battle together. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Justme

Post by Justme »

Cool t-shirt that I saw:

I'M STILL HOT
it just comes in flashes now

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
tamlamb

Post by tamlamb »

Wheasie I can relate... I was once 115lbs this past winter I was up to almost 170 with most if not all my weight in my abs... I decided its time for a change. I changed my diet to eat more healthy food, Eliminated anything white (Bread, pasta, sugar etc), also quit Soda sompletely and did tons of Cardio workouts. As of this morning I am down to 128 pounds and lost most of my flabby Abs. I am still not where I'd like to be but I am getting there and I am convinced with dieting and exercising I will lose the rest of it.. The main thing is YOU CAN't QUIT!!! Pain is temporary, quitting is forever.

Here are 2 pics of me once from last summer & one from this summer:

Hope it encourages you to do watch what you eat & workout.

Tammy
Attachments
me&girls07.jpg
legas06.jpg
lessa's dh
Location: usually next to lessa! Latitude = 42.7304, Longitude = -80.9952, Altitude = 233m or 764.4ft

Post by lessa's dh »

:o every so often :o , you step into the wrong room for all the wrong reasons :eek: and wonder how the heck you can get out of it :eek: without causing a commotion - this is me :bd: getting the heck out of here!!! :P :P
Compostaphile and Compostaphobe -- To rot or not to rot . . .

ps. I don't have a hosta list - lessa took them all!!

Latitude - Longitude:
42.727844,-80.87182
newtohosta-no more

:lol: @ lessa's dh! Yep...probably the wrong room for you. :lol:

And congrats ,Tammy, on your weight loss! You look fabulous in that pic! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

morgansrgr8
USDA Zone: 5

Post by morgansrgr8 »

I want to bring this post back up front. I want to know how everybody is doing. almost 3 yrs ago I was up to 190. Got a job in a factory and was to tired to eat working 10 hr days and saturdays. Will always have a pooch tummy because of c-section but I dont care. I am now 140 and a size 8. smaller than I was in school weighing 120. But the job had its drawbacks. Had to have surgery 6 wks ago and now have more scars on my tummy. Will never wear a bikini. (altho new boyfriend wants me to) he's crazy LOL Still the job was good for me being a very active job. I do dread menopause coming. At 49 I know its in the near future.
So I recomend factory work to lose weight. LOL
Linda
I know I am past the point of no return but what a way to go.

My Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Good for you, Linda! That's quite a loss in your weight! And I understand about the bikini thing. I don't wear one either. Even when I got down to my lowest weight the only place I would wear one is out back on my deck to sunbathe. The bikini and me in public just don't mix. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

New Topic Post Reply