Walk On, Rock On

Use this area to share diet tips and weight loss recipes or secrets.

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Checking in! How is everyone doing?

I have walked 65 miles now in the challenge. That was my original end goal for the 6 weeks and there is till next week to go! I upped the mileage to 80 so I should make that no problem.

Things are looking better, arms don't have quite as much jiggle now! :lol: I managed to get an old pair of size 10 Chic jeans on..... couldn't zip them but got them up and over everything. LOL :lol:

I bought a peodmeter but it doesn't work well at all, so am taking it back and will forget about one of those and just keep moving.... :roll:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
VThosta/daylilylover

Post by VThosta/daylilylover »

Hi Claudia,
I'm still going fine, doing over 10,000 each day and feeling great! Actually seem to be sleeping better too! I'm back to work for the winter and haven't been on line too much but was happy to get a notice that the post is still active and THRILLED to read your post. Congratulations on going beyond your goal! My only goal was to do at least the 10,000 steps per day and have only missed 3 times but my average is over 10,000 per day so that works too. Now that I'm working and not home all day, it should be easier to resist the temptation to overeat. Somehow I thought this was only for the month of October and am thrilled to learn that it continues. Hope there is a follow-up but if not, maybe I'll try to do 11,000 steps for Nov-Dec. What do you think?
Ceil
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

hey Ceil!

I don't know if there will be another one but they do have several other boards for walkers. I have been checking them out to see which I migh like best. They one a WATP board which follows Leslies videos, a fitness walking board for a more general walking and I think there could be one more......I think on either of these you make a personal goal each month for your self just like the challenge. It gives you a place to be accountable but you don't recieve daily assignments, I think.

But I definitely say KEEP WALKING GIRLFRIEND!!!! :P

I will be and we can still come here and checkin or feel free to PM me! :P
Last edited by nanny_56 on Nov 03, 2007 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
VThosta/daylilylover

Glad to hear you're planning to continue also!
I need to start doing some strength training soon. Did over 13,000 steps today, probably won't be able to walk at all tomorrow :lol:
I have to say that having you for support has made all the difference. I would have given up on my own if you weren't there as I feel that I'd be letting you down if I quit. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! After doing this for so long, it's getting to be a habit. But there were days when I didn't want to walk and pushed myself knowing that I was part of a group (even if it was only a very, very small group)! Thanks again!!!!!!!
Ceil
Justme

Post by Justme »

I get at least 10,000 steps in a day on my days off.  11,000+ today.  But I only got 8,000 on two of my work nights.  But I still average 70,000 or more per week.I have been staying on my W.W. really well and it has been over 6 months, over 30 lbs and the holiday season.  I usually loose interest around any of those things.  So, far no problems.Well, except for the Home made baklava, yummmm, that I had tonight.  But how often does one get that?Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
VThosta/daylilylover

Tami, that's great!!!!!!
I was over a friend's house for lunch and she served a delicious soup that she said was basically from W.W. and she added some extra vegs to it. You'd never know it was low fat/cal!!!!! Congrats on the 30 lbs!!!!
Ceil
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Cogratulations Tami!! :P

Today was the last day of the challenge. I started out with a goal of 65 for the 6 weeks. I had to up my goal twice and ended up walking 90 MILES!!!!!! I would have never thought it possible.

They are going to be having another challenge soon.

Meanwhile, I will keep walking and doing the WATP dvd's with Leslie. There is a WATP board on ivillage.com
Claudia
Justme

Post by Justme »

Nanny, congratulation on the walking success. Bet you feel so much better now that you are active. I know I don't feel right if I haven't walked.

Now for the puzzel. I have lost over 30lbs., and am walking at least twice what I used to walk, I am eatting healther and actually drinking WATER instead of diet cokes. BUT, my blood pressure is up! I give blood 3 or 4 times a year. So I know what my BP usually runs. Now it is up. So, off to the doc on Monday to let him check it out. :eek: :evil: Sometimes genetics suck.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Justme wrote:Now it is up. So, off to the doc on Monday to let him check it out. :eek: :evil: Sometimes genetics suck.Tami
Lord, I know what you mean!!!! It was almost guaranteed I would have heart disease!!

It may be controlled easily by diet or at worst 1 little pill. The important thing is to treat it so good for you on going to the DR.

I take 5 pills in the morning, 1 at lunch, 1 at dinner, 1 before bed. :roll:

Keep doing your WW and let us know how you are doing!!
Claudia
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Today was the last day to walk & post miles for the challenge so I got in 6 more miles over the weekend and ended up at 96 miles!!!! :D :bd:
Claudia
Justme

Post by Justme »

96 miles! :o  :D   Great for you!  Are you going to do the next challenge?Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Well. of course I am!!! :lol:
Claudia
Justme

Post by Justme »

Well, went to Doc on Monday afternoon.  He verified that the BP is up :evil: .  Not too bad, but he is also my Mom's Doc so he know her history, there for mine.  (10 yrs ago, Mom had a stroke, a heart attack and an 11 cm Breast Cancer.  The good news is she survived it all.)

Had blood work done today and if results are normal will start a mild water pill with potassium. Doc thinks I am too young to be on BP meds. But, you can't argue with what is, and he doesn't think weight loss and lifestyle changes will help a lot. Keep trying though, and avoid deli meats, etc.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Heaven's, glad about your mom. I wonder why Dr.'s say that 'too young' stuff. I get that about my heart attacks ( I was 44). I have been on BP meds since my 20's and our dd is 28 started taking them about 4 yrs. ago.

But that makes all that more important to take care of yourself!!

My dh went for a physical on monday. He got told to start eating a heart healthy diet and excercising. He has walked 3 miles this week!! I had been trying to get him to join me for the last couple of weeks.

Take care!
Claudia
Justme

Post by Justme »

I think his point is isn't that he doesn't want me on meds, or won't put me on meds. But that 'most' people don't need them until they are in their 50's. Obviously some people need them at younger or older ages.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
Justme

Post by Justme »

Anyone out there still doing their walking? I normally walk in the Mall, but with the Christmas shoppers, I have been on the treadmill tonight and yesterday :evil: . The shelf for books is perfect for the lap top, so I walk will catching up on my computer stuff. Helps the the boredom.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
New Topic Post Reply