It can be done...I did it

Use this area to share diet tips and weight loss recipes or secrets.

Moderator: Chris_W

putnamgardens

It can be done...I did it

Post by putnamgardens »

I'm not to goal yet but I've managed to drop 87 pounds. No not using the lap band...no not bi pass....plain old health sound advice. Protein, Veggies, Limited Carbs and fruit. Funny how the protein is the one I have to work on getting in. I eat cheese sticks. They help me get in the protein I need so I'm shedding pounds not muscle. I've got 15 more pounds to go before Nov. Do I look different or what? Later, Love, Lisa
P.S. Photo is of me and my brother in law. It was taken at a wedding last weekend.
Attachments
DSCF5062.JPG
DSCF5716.JPG
DSCF5716.JPG (33.2 KiB) Viewed 13634 times
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
Gardentoad
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Gardentoad »

You also look younger in the second picture. :D
you're doing great!!
Never before have so few with so much promised to take away so much from so many and then laugh their asses off as the so many with so little vote for the so few with so much.

---James Pence
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

Lisa, you look fantastic! Hot, hot, hot!!!
Every day a new adventure!
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

The better you feel, the better you look. Does Andy like skinny women?
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Wow, congratulations to you! What an awesome achievement. And you've done it all by eating healthy and sensibly, no gimmicks. Thanks for posting this, you're an inspiration. :D
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Lisa, You are one GORGEOUS chick!!! You go Girl!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: Congrats on getting healthy and the added bonus of looking young and beautiful too!
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I wouldn't recognize you if I saw you today. Congrats :)

Here's to a long and healthy life :cheers:
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Honestly, I'm lighter now than when I/we got married 21 years ago this month. I recall talking over last minute details before we said "I do". I told Andy, I've been heavy all my life....what if we got married and I ballooned up to #300. He thought for a moment and replied, "As much as you look in the mirror, I'm not worried". I liked that answer. I didn't wait till I was #300 to start loosing but I was less than 30 pounds from three hundred then I started, a year ago last Feb. Kim Larsen inspired me. She went to goal with L.A. weightloss. She started after she turned 50. I figured I wanted to be to goal by agee 50, hence the Nov. deadline. I borrowed her L.A. weightloss material and learned that I needed to eat breakfast to jump start my metabolism. I didn't eat breakfast for the first 48 years of my life. I kept my wedding clothes and tried them on for my groom. He's not one to say compliments or critism. He did say "hubba hubba" when I tried on a new baby doll jammies though. As far as Andy liking skinny women....I guess I'll just have to wait and see, when I get skinny. According to the BMI charts, I'm still heavy. Chris if you didn't recognize me...I'd be sure to say Hi to you. Later, Love, Lisa
P.S. Yes...that's what I wore at my wedding. Blue Jeans and tennis shoes. We were in Cour de Laine Idaho, 7/7/87 on a motorcycle trip
Attachments
DSCF7026-0001.JPG
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

My Gosh...you look beautiful! You're just the encouragement I need! Funny how those lbs. sneak up...............thanks for posting!.......Pam :D
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

You are beautiful!! :beer: Good job!!!! I have always said to eat what God put on the earth.....raw and no processed junk....Yep breakfast is sooo important....You should see what I eat.....:lol:.....wow....I love to see this!!! .....I am so proud of you.....I think losing weight would be harder than to quite smoking in a way....I keep looking at your picture, and man.....You really are gorgeous Lisa!!! Now that hair is working for you!! :lol:... :wink:
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Lisa , you look absolutely fantastic! You truly are an inspiration. :D :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

WOW, what an inspiration. I'm not overly heavy, but I'm also creeping up on 50 and want to make sure I stay in shape and somewhat healthy. I can't eat like I used to or I gain. So I'm trying to lose a little weight. Like you, I want to do it in a way that I can continue forever, by eating healthy food and eating less. (Not a crazy grapefruit diet or something like that!) I'm so glad it's working for you.

You look terrific!! I can't imagine how good you must feel!!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Hosta12_Ia

Post by Hosta12_Ia »

You look terrific, Lisa. Congratulations!
Jo
The Garden is a Mirror of the Heart
putnamgardens

Re: It can be done...I did it

Post by putnamgardens »

Here we are at the same wedding where those other photos were taken. I think Andy was trying to cheap shot me, that's why I was smiling/laughing. I've got 11 more pounds to go before I can say...."I've lost #100". NOT lap band...NOT bi pass....Just healthy eating. I pig out on vegetables. Even the dentist says my gum disease is better. Someone said it's cuz I'm eating yogurt now. I occassionally allow myself to have some "fair food" or weekend treat. I don't over eat like I used to. Today I ate flat bread. I'm not going to beat myself up for it....Just no more carbs till tomorrow. Thanks for all the kind words....If I can do it. So can you. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
DSCF5070-0002.JPG
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

WOW Lisa...WTG Gal!!! You look wonderful!!!!
Stephanie
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I love that picture!! Your so pretty.....:-)
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

We're celebrating early. Yesterday we had Olga speak to our Hosta society (MN). I LOVE Halloween but the biggest suprise of the day was from my partner in hosta crime, Kim Larsen. You know that expression...What comes around, goes around? Well when Kim turned the big five oh, two years ago, I suprised her with 50 roses at work. YESTERDAY, she suprised me with flowers and a sheet cake at our Hosta gathering. I'm glad I wore orange yesterday cuz my face was red as 100 people sang Happy Birthday to me. After the meeting, we took Olga and her hubby, Lew to dinner. Italian fare doesn't have a good selection of low carb choices. Olga offered me her dinner salad when the waiter reported no house salad. I ended up eating an appetizer and Olga's salad. THEN Kim brings over the remaining sheet cake. I know now why I can't have that stuff in the house. I was dipping my fingers in the frosting. I'm not at my goal weight yet and with one week til my birthday, I'm not going to make it according to the scale. Today, I'm happy where I'm at. Thanks for letting me vent my ongoing struggles with trying to make healthy choices. Is anyone else going to have trouble with Halloween candy? Hide the M & M's. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
DSCF5004-0008.JPG
DSCF5012-0008.JPG
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh wow....that is so cool Lisa!!! Dinner with Missy Olga!!!

You look just great!!! I am so proud of you and you can just see how happy you are..... With me being the birthday singer, I love hearing that 100 people sang to you.....THAT IS SO COOL!!!!! :beer:

Happy birthday early!!!!!!! :bd: :bd: :beer:
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Wow Lisa, you look GREAT!!

You've done so well. I'm trying to lose, and it's a constant struggle. For the first time in my life I'm really committed to doing it, but it's still hard work. This week I'm traveling for work, so I'm stuck in a hotel/convention center with catered meals and very few choices. Then of course they bring out snacks mid-morning and mid-afternoon! :evil:

Keep it up, you'll look better at 50 than you did at half that age!!!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
New Topic Post Reply