Monsanto sues farmers

Use this area to share diet tips and weight loss recipes or secrets.

Moderator: Chris_W

jonbry123
USDA Zone: 6b

Monsanto sues farmers

Post by jonbry123 »

Folks if you knew what this company has done you'd be outraged especially if your a farmer. This is my response to a posting on my facebook page about a farmer being sued by Monsanto becuase he does not use their seeds and the company claims he is stealing patented DNA material bees from other farms have transferred in pollinating his crops. They are doing this to farmers all over the world but drop the suit if they agree to buy their seeds. And if you or anyone you know is a farmer pray for them that this corruption will end with the passage of the labeling law for GM crops used in food sold in California come fall. If you know someone in California let them know it is so important that they support the labeling law to be passed as more than 1,000,000 Californians have so done. You can visit this link for more information. www.COVVHA.net:

Oh but everyone needs to know how Monsanto sues a farmer for saving his own seed. Say a farmer plants corn or soybean seed that he bought from Monsanto. Because all Monsanto corn and soybean seed are geneticly modified seeds or known as GM crops the DNA planted in these seeds is considered patentable property that belongs to Monsanto. So when insects such as bees carry pollen from these seeds that have grown into plants they claim that the patented DNA is transferred to other similar plants and thus they have a right to own any seeds from the other farmers plants since it contains their patented DNA now. Monsanto threatens to sue the farmer if he uses those seeds next year for patent infringement but drops the suit if the farmer then agrees buys their seeds. They are doing this to farmers all over the world. This is truly an evil company. But with the passage of the labeling law in California come November their plague upon this world of their genetically engineered plants being used in almost every food you now buy is going to end as food companies are not going to want to have to produce to labels one in California stating that the food they make contains GM crops and a different label in other states where they don't have to put this on their labels. Any food with a GM Monsanto crop in it contains Glycophosate the main ingredient in Roundup which Monsanto also makes and we know this ingredient does not degrade as they have claimed for 25 years and more than 70% of our water is polluted with it now. Additionally scientific studies show this toxin causes cancer and numerous other diseases which is why so many other countries require all foods sold to be labeled as containing GM crops to protect it's citizens if not completely banned as most EU countries now do. Even China requires all foods to be so labeled. If this were ok to consume then why are they fighting to keep this from being on food labels? Because we know it is not.
Jon
LucyGoose

Re: Monsanto sues farmers

Post by LucyGoose »

Is this the right place for this post? The Weight Loss Forum?

Great post, just wondering where it should be..... :wink:
newtohosta-no more

Re: Monsanto sues farmers

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Good info. I think I remember seeing something about Monsanto suing farmers in the documentary "Food , Inc.".
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply