looking for a pattern

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

patsue53

looking for a pattern

Post by patsue53 »

Does anybody have a crochet pattern for a little girl's poncho? I'd like to have one that's made "in the round," in other words not 2 rectangles sewn together. I want to make it out of solid pink for a 4 year old little girl.

There are patterns out there but they're either the 2 rectangles or they're for infants or bigger girls. I won't have the little girl handy to try to size it so I need one that's stated as a size 4. Lion brand has one that's got a hood...a couple others are kind of strange looking. If anyone has a pattern for a plain, solid colored little girl's poncho that they'd care to share I'd be SO appreciative.

JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Hey Patsue, try the fabric/yarn department at Walmart. I was browsing through the yarn the other day and they have lots of those free patterns hanging on the racks and a bunch more usually on the fabric cutting table. I noticed the crochet and knitting ones had quite a few for ponchos and scarves.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

I've tried that Jane. They have lots of adult ponchos..and a few baby ponchos but not much for little girls. I did finally find one online that I think will work. It's written kind of squirrly and isn't very size-specific, but I'm hoping it will work out. :)
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Thanks Pat. I've seen all of those. The Lavender one is the one I'm attempting to make. I just wish she said what size it is.
New Topic Post Reply