Poncho finished

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

patsue53

Poncho finished

Post by patsue53 »

I finally picked a pattern and made the poncho. I bought the yarn to make a baby afghan when my friend's granddaughter was born. She's about to have her 3rd birthday so I decided to make her a poncho since the blanket never did get made. :oops: I had plenty of extra yarn so I made the little hat to go with it. I think it turned out pretty cute but I also think it's going to be about 3 sizes too big. ah well...........she'll grow.
Attachments
ponch&hat.JPG
Justme

Post by Justme »

Very Chic! Shades of Martha :lol: .

Hear that Lyon Yarn posted the pattern for Marthas poncho on the net and thousands have already been down loaded, it is a hot item!

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Too cute! Nice job :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Tami, I'm one of those who has already printed off that pattern from Lion Brand. It's probably going to be my next project! :lol:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

That's really cute!! I am sure she will love it...That little hat is adorable!! :D
Justme

Post by Justme »

Patsue: Does it look complicated? Haven't made more than baby blankets and that has been a few years ago.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Wow, I like this one better than Martha's. :wink:
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Thanks for the nice compliments! The grandma was thrilled with it and said she couldn't wait to see her granddaughter wear it on Easter. :)

Tami, the Martha poncho looks like it's mostly shell stiches which makes it pretty easy. Shells are double crochet so it should go fast. Also, since I printed it off they've added a Frequently Asked Questions section which is also helpful. I'm betting you could make it without any trouble. One thing that's different about it is that the collar is made separately and added to it...but still doesn't look too hard.
Here's the link to the pattern.

http://lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-scall ... oncho.html
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

It's very pretty! :cool: I love the matching hat. :D

Thanks for the heads up on the "Coming Home Poncho" pattern. 8-) I printed it out. I have several skeins of Homespun
Baroque that I was going to use for a sweater but never did. :wink:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

The recipient of the poncho and hat had her birthday party last night. My friend (her Grandma) snuck the bag in among the gifts. She said it was well-received and her granddaughter looked adorable in it. She said she took pictures...I can't wait to see them. :)

Patrushka, I have a couple of skiens of Lionbrand Woolease that I can't remember what I bought them for. I'm going to try making the Martha Poncho out of that. (although I know I'll need to buy more.) My yarn is a sort of denim blue color that will look great with jeans.

The race is on!! :lol: :lol: (just kidding...I'd never challenge anybody to a crochet race....I'm a plodder!)
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I'll bet the little girl loved it too! 8-)

That blue yarn sounds cool! I love anything that goes with jeans. :D Be sure to post a pic of it when you finish.

:lol: :lol: Before I can start, I have to figure out where I stashed that yarn.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Omigosh, Pat, that is an adorable set. It's beautiful work. Great job, gal!
Justme

Post by Justme »

Shell stitches, !!!, cool, those are easy and fill in quickly. I loved ponchos when I was in grade school. That is when they are last in vogue.

Perhaps I will go out tomorrow and get some yarn and start it while on vacation next week. I am taking the kids to Wash. D.C. and expect to have time on hands in evenings. I like to do crafts or computer while watching T.V. You know we all have to multi task to get everything done these days.

Thanks for the info and the link!

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
New Topic Post Reply