Who has used Mod Podge?

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

CarolB

Who has used Mod Podge?

Post by CarolB »

I thought I might try to use Mod Podge on large rocks for the garden. I have never tried this stuff, but thought maybe someone out there has. Any hints or ideas? How do you use this anyway? Have you ever tried this on furniture? Once you put something on with this, can you ever get off?
Violet_Skies

Post by Violet_Skies »

Why would you modge podge rocks? Just curious. It's not waterproof. It's kind of like elmer's glue. I have used it many times but not on anything that could get wet.

Last year I decoratively painted some rocks for my planters and sealed them, is this what you're doing? I used PLAID brand paints and sealer, The paint is called outdoor indoor gloss acrylic enamel and the sealer is called folkart outdoor matte sealer. It has held up great and the rocks were out all winter.
You never know what the past will bring.
CarolB

Post by CarolB »

I saw a picture in a magazine of an oval rock to put in your garden for display. I thought they said mod podge was used. Don't they have one that is made for outdoor use?
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Hmmmm, not sure about outdoors. I have used Mod Podge to make fabric-covered plates, but you aren't supposed to immerse them in water once your done.

On my outdoor decorations I have used a spray sealer, comes in a can like spray paint and can be found in that section in the store.

Check the Mod Podge jar and see what it says.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
New Topic Post Reply