New Sewing/Embroidery Machine

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

New Sewing/Embroidery Machine

Post by JaneG »

Back in February I posted about my search for a new sewing machine. I finally got a Brother ULT2003D and have been having fun!!!! In addition to the sewing that I've always done, now I can embroider stuff. It's been so much fun finding all sorts of embroidery designs and I've been embroidering on everything! Here are two items that sort of fit in the "gardening" theme that I thought I would share . . .

Does anyone else do machine embroidery??
Attachments
This is a plain white cotton sleeveless summer shirt, I thought the design was SO CUTE.   I made it for a gardening friend.
This is a plain white cotton sleeveless summer shirt, I thought the design was SO CUTE. I made it for a gardening friend.
This basket came with a plain liner, I embroidered this design on the front and a border of just the flowers all around the other edges.
This basket came with a plain liner, I embroidered this design on the front and a border of just the flowers all around the other edges.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Jane, those look so cool!! You are doing really good!! I love the manager one.... How cute!! :D I like the other one, too! I bet your going to be having a bunch of fun with that new machine! CongratS!! :D

Nope, I don't do anything like that......I'm not 50 yet! :lol:

I kid PeggyB about that...hehe
Soummer
USDA Zone: 4-5

Post by Soummer »

Sweet!
Soummer, formerly Janet D.
My Page

wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Those are so neat! Great job! Now are you taking orders? :) Dd has been ribbing me about 'not working' lately. I need one of those 'plant manager' shirts! :lol:

Love that basket, perfect for a freind's birthday or such! Great Job Jane H!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Well Lucy, you may not be 50 YET, but your a lot closer than me!!! :D Are you counting the days now??? :lol:
JaneG
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

I'm really envious! Everyone I know who has one of those embroidery machines love it and I've seen such cute things done. I went to a bridal shower where a sit-down lunch was served and at each table setting was a different cotton dish towel with the person's name embroideried on it.

I'd like to monogram purses and do the cute designs.

Is it hard to learn or does the machine take up much space? I'm about maxed-out on workspace in my combination guest bedroom/sewing room/computer room. Pretty soon there'll just be a trail between the furniture. :cry:

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Ann! The rule is, one hobby per room! LOL I have my puter in the Family room and the germination table and plants in the living, with my sewing/guest room, just that! Poor dh, he's hoping the kitchen at least will be cleared of plant supplies by this weekend with warmer weather!
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Hey WIW, you're lucky if you can keep a hobby to just one room!! My gardening has taken over the garage and the shed, my sewing is in the basement and one of the spare rooms, and there are computers in two different rooms. There's just no keeping it under control! :lol:

Ann, the embroidery machine is also a pretty fancy sewing machine, so I can use it for both. It has a couple hundred sewing stitches in addition to the embroidery. It's only a couple inches wider than a regular sewing machine. The embroidery is REALLY EASY. All you do is put the design in the machine from a disk or a memory card, hoop your fabric and then machine does all the stitching automatically. It stops and tells you when to change to a new color of thread, but that's all you have to do!! I've done monograms on purses and some guest towels. It's a great way to personalize things.
JaneG
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Holy wow that is a lot!

Well, no it isn't 'kept' in one room really. The sewing is though as I am just starting out! Of course, I am removing furniture from that room to make room for other sewing stuff! granny's old dresser is getting redone to hold material :) And the bed was changed over to a 'DeBarr Bed' a.k.a. 'Murphy Bed' last year.

The gardening........well.......it's in the kitchen, by the patio door in the family room and front living room, and just starting putting stuff in the greenhouse :)

Soooooo....I TELL dh its not in everyroom, b/c really our bedroom and teh bath have no plants........well, a couple maybe :)
Violet_Skies

Post by Violet_Skies »

Jane that is too cute. I too would love one of the Plant Manager shirts, are you taking orders? LOL And I hear you all about the hobbies taking up every room...I have my art desk, sewing machine, and germination light stand area all in my room and the comp, keyboard, and guitar all in the living room.
You never know what the past will bring.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Well, haven't played in a while, so I forgot about my 2 guitars in the living also! hmmmm..we won't mention that hobby to dh. I don't think he's thinking it's a hobby currently :wink:
New Topic Post Reply