To grout or not to grout?

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

wingnut

To grout or not to grout?

Post by wingnut »

I cant decide if this will look ok with or without grout. What do you think?
Attachments
mosaic window.JPG
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

I think grout would fall out in time if it's on the glass. Possible paint or etch the glass on the other side unless it's to be viewed from both sides. Could you then repete the design on the other side?
dian57

Post by dian57 »

I agree with OED. The grout will fail unless it's spread over the whole background. If you do that, you lose the glass on glass look that's so striking. Very nice work! Where do you plan on placing it?
Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric. ~Pam Brown
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Very pretty!

NOW I know what to do with those old glass windows I picked up along the street! Thanks for sharing....I love it just the way you have it!.....p :wink:
Snow

Post by Snow »

I would omit the grout and leave it as it :wink:
~*Snow*~
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Thanks guys (and girls) I really didnt want to grout it either but my intentions were to cover the window glass with scraps of my stained glass,grout it,seal it and hang it outdoors for the summer. This piece turned out different than expected but I loved it anyway and didnt want to take away from the looks of it the way it is. My plan is (to get DH) to hang it on the front porch where the sun would shine on it /thru it/ in the morning. Its simular to those ones that really crafty creative talented people paint. I cant paint so I seen some thing simular to this on HGTV website. Ill post the pic of the other one later.
New Topic Post Reply