Diaper Cake

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Diaper Cake

Post by kHT »

Hope this isn't to lame but I have a special Baby Shower to go to tomorrow. What do you think?
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

That's a cake that you eat? :hmm: ....Okayyyyy.....I'll say that, that is different! :lol:

Thanks for sharing Karma!! Let us know how they like it!! Just make sure they take the ribbon and stuff off before they eat it... :D
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

My prediction is that there will be many, many people taking pics of that cake before it's cut. :) It's very :cool: , Karma. Nice job! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
John

Post by John »

Is it a "cake" made out of a supply of diapers, like those wedding "cakes" made of tightly rolled white towels?

Whatever, it will be a big hit at the party!
kHT

Post by kHT »

John has it right, it's made up with diapers rolled up and tied. :lol: Then decorated with items that the baby can use or decorate his room with. I tried making a diaper wreath with the remainder but I think I better put them aside for when they are needed. :wink: I told my son what I was planning and got told that was lame, I can do lame!! :wink:
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

That's not lame, that's cool! I'll bet it's the hit of the party!!!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Too cute! Hope the new Mommy appreciates the effort that went into this novel gift!....p :wink:
kHT

Post by kHT »

JaneH, it was about the last one opened and one of the younger guests took it around to show it off as it weighed a ton with all the goodies on it. It was a big hit and several of the ladies were thinking about doing one for the next baby shower as everyone needs diapers! I just loved the nuks that we found at Michaels in their party favors as we used them as you would a napkin ring with the onies shirts and the gals loved it! Another idea for the next shower! These can be used now to dress up napkins at the dinner table for parties. Even the diaper pins were big enough to do so. Then next one I'll do will have hydranges on the corners to hold the diapers in place instead of ribbons if it's this time of year. It was fun to do and you can make them any size, we did the 60 diaper size as we know how many diapers are used in a week!
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

What a cute idea!! I used to have bridal and baby showers fairly and was always looking for new ideas! You did such a nice job, too!

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Sure looks pretty but when I saw the title "Diaper Cake"......well....I've changed to derm many to think about "Cakes". :eek: :eek:
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

That turned out nice, Karma :D I've also seen the cake made for a bridal shower gift. Made with bath towels.

I went to my neice's baby shower on Sunday. And thought I'd share this cute idea...
Heather and Nick baked sugar cookies for a Thank You favor. They decorated the cookie with a face. It looked like a kid had decorated it. The cookie was in a celofane (sp :roll: ) bag, and attached, was this little note:

I'm sorry I couldn't be with you
but I'm terribly busy you see,
Painting my eyes, my cheeks, my hair
So Mommy will be proud of me.
Thanks for the lovely welcome
you have given me today,
and when you see the stork fly by
you'll know I've come to stay.
Be sure to come and see me
As soon as I get here.
Just give my Mommy time
To dress me up so dear.
I thank you from my tiny heart
for the lovely gifts for me,
Cause when I've left my Mommy
I'll not be dressed, you see.
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Deb, that's such a cute idea! Now I've just gotta talk someone into having a baby so I can throw a shower!

Any volunteers here??!! :lol:
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Dee

Post by Dee »

Find me a suitable daddy-to-be and I'll volunteer!! :eek: :D :eek:
New Topic Post Reply