One Hundred and Thirty One Days Until Christmas!

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

Soummer
USDA Zone: 4-5

One Hundred and Thirty One Days Until Christmas!

Post by Soummer »

Just thought you'd want to know :snow:

I'm busy working on the 5 birthdays we have before Christmas:

plastic canvas puzzle set for 2yo DN Eli
Renuzit Air Freshner Cozy for 4 adults
Joke/gag gifts for the adults
Small portion of goodies for adults

Then for Christmas, I need to:

make treats again for everyone
finish the fleece lap throws for each (found a different color for each person!)
Christmasy gag gifts for each
Cross stitch small ornaments for each

I have a start on everything, just need to keep on keeping on!

How you are all doing? :snow:
Soummer, formerly Janet D.
My Page

newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

You're a better woman than I am. :lol: I can't even begin to think about buying or making Christmas gifts until after Thanksgiving most of the time!!! One holiday at a time for me. :???:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Janet! You're making me exhausted just reading your list!!

I really do need to get busy. I have someone at work that wants to buy 4 sets of the Christmas Light potholders I crocheted last year! That's 20 potholders.....40 christmas lights in all to crochet!! :eek: I'm not sure I'll get anything else accomplished!
Soummer
USDA Zone: 4-5

Post by Soummer »

Hi girls!

Joan, since I'm making/baking all my gifts now, I simply must do it year round! I don't really know how much I "save" by making my own stuff, but I consider what I do my hobby, and my hobby provides the gifts... so in a way, they are free! Gotta love my logic :wink:

Pat, I remember those! They are so cute! Do you have your materials yet? Baby steps...
Soummer, formerly Janet D.
My Page

patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

I do have the cotton yarn for the potholders. I'll be rounding it all up soon. The good thing about them is that they're small and portable so I can take them with me to fill in small pieces of time spent waiting. Once I get going it will be okay...it's just getting going! :lol:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Gee thanks Janet! Ya just had to tell us how many days, didn't ya.....:lol: I am usually thinking early, but I have no talent for art'sy stuff, and I am broke....so if work doesn't pick up soon, like really soon, I am in big trouble... :???:
Justme

Post by Justme »

Yeek!! :eek: .

I am "Planning" on making lap quilts for the immediate adults in the family, i.e. sisters, brother, etc. But, people keep having all these babies! Family, not work. So I am making baby quilts. But learning lots, and each one is better than the last. Look at it as I get to learn the newest hobby and got the gift covered at the same time :wink:

People at work (and why do they need presents?) have hinted for bottles of salsa for their X-mas. Good Grief they all have the receipe, too! :lol: (Really, really awesome salsa. We eat 2 to 3 qts at a time at work).

Thanks for the warning about Christmas sneeking up.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
New Topic Post Reply