Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

Justme

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Post by Justme »

Finally got out the DD's digi and took some pictures of the quilts I have been working on lately. Still don't have a picture of the Queen size double nine-patch I made for my mother though.

These are mostly baby quilts, it must be in the water, seems everyone is pregnant.

The colors aren't reproducing correctly. I notice that the purple fish in the center of the fish quilt is light blue.

Tami
Attachments
Sick Striptease0001DSCN0868.JPG
Fish Fabric quilt for my niece.  Quilted, but needs a binding still.
Fish Fabric quilt for my niece. Quilted, but needs a binding still.
My Hosta List
It is always something
Justme

Post by Justme »

Yet another Fish Quilt. Niece wants a "fish" themed nursery.

Tami
Attachments
Backside of this fish quilt.  I know it doesn't match the front, but so what?  I love this fabric.
Backside of this fish quilt. I know it doesn't match the front, but so what? I love this fabric.
This fish is really purple!  A deep purple.  Star is Golden Yellow and background is bright blue.  The quilt is actually all finished!
This fish is really purple! A deep purple. Star is Golden Yellow and background is bright blue. The quilt is actually all finished!
colors aren't correct.  don't know what is going on.
colors aren't correct. don't know what is going on.
My Hosta List
It is always something
Justme

Post by Justme »

The step-bro's step-daughter is due soon also. I ran this up yesterday. Still need to quilt it.

The other is a top I started back in Feb or March and finished last weekend. Trying to decide on quilting design. Keep it simple? Or different? Have seen a giant swirl design that starts in the middle and has radiant curves out to edges.

Tami
Attachments
How to quilt this one?  Suggestions?  Stitch in ditch only, or ?
How to quilt this one? Suggestions? Stitch in ditch only, or ?
The themed fabric is called "Girly Girl".  Really like it.
The themed fabric is called "Girly Girl". Really like it.
This is bright.  Good thing babies like bright!
This is bright. Good thing babies like bright!
My Hosta List
It is always something
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Wow!

Gorgeous quilts!

Alexa
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

:o :o Dang, I wish I could sit still long enough to do something like that :oops:
Beautiful!!!!! All of them! :D
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Excellent work, Tami! Love all the bright and cheeful colors. :) I keep saying...one of these days , I'm going to give it a try.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Just beautiful Tami! Give yourself a big pat on the back! :D
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow, those are beautiful! I could never do anything like that. I'm lucky to sew a button on a shirt.... :roll:
Kas

Post by Kas »

Wow! Tami those are just wonderful! I am still trying to get Ben's quilt done. I am just at the trim the loose threads stage. Was hoping to get it done in time to enter into the fair, but I don't know if I am going to make it. I will get photos when it is done. Same thing with the wedding ring quilts for the folks. Still not finished piecing my parents, but Ray's folks top is just waiting for quilting.

As for quilting those beauties of yours, I usually either do a 1 to 2 inch diamond grid (sturdy for multiple washings) or repeating chevrons. Something without too many stops and starts. I haven't ever done the in the ditch thing. I like to see the quilting. Maybe come 1/4 inch in from the seams versus in the ditch. Let us know how you choose!

Kas

p.s. My Gunsmoke is doing great!
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Justme

Post by Justme »

Kas, you have a good excuse to still be working on your quilts, Ben! Heather and brothers might take some of your time also :lol:

My kidos were complaining this weekend that all I have done lately is quilt :oops: Well, I can get obsessive, so quilty as charged. But, I will get over it shortly and not quilt anything for months. I'll be cross stitching :lol:

I did stitch in the ditch for the first time on the quilt that has fish in the stars. I really liked it, and it was easy. The previous two quilts that I had quilted, by machine, had a diagional grid. Stitch in the ditch is much easier, but it doesn't show on the front.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Oh my! They are all beauties! Fantastic job! So you do the quilting with your regular machine? Have to learn that! It's so expensive to send it out I hear!

Just learning here, and oh my, what an appreciation for all you've done there! Wishiwere one of those kids getting one! :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Justme

Post by Justme »

Yep, I quilt them on my OLD Kenmore. It doen't even have stretch stitch, just zig-zag :o M0I-L got it in the 70's, she thought it was a "fancy Machine"! :lol: But she never used it.

I am getting a new one soon. Looking a a Bernina 440QE. Just waiting for it to go back on sale. It was on sale last winter, 30% off, but I had only just made first quilt and didn't feel it was wise to spend that kind of $$$$$ for something I might not keep doing.

Thanks for all the kind compliments everyone.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Very nice, Tami! I have a closet full of quilt tops from my days as a quilting instructor that need to be quilted. Life has kept me too busy lately to get back to it, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish at least one of them this winter. The old chicken house used to be my quilting studio, and then when I switched 'careers' and became a full time crafter, the quilting was put on hold. I'm so out of the loop on new techniques, but have always enjoyed the hand quilting. It's sort of like weeding....just put your mind in neutral and go. A marvelous time to contemplate things that are weighing on you.
I have several old Singer sewing machines that are just straight stitch, and I love them for piecing. DS bought me an old 1954 Kenmore that has hardly been used, and that's my 'good' machine. I do have a portable Jeans Machine, but don't use it often. Love the old Singer redheads, and I have two of those in portable cabinets, also have a little 1930 World's Fair Edition Singer Featherweight that needs rewiring before I can use it again, and a couple of old treadles. One is a Howe...one of the first commercial models made. Would love to have one of those new Berninas someday, but I'd have to sew a whale (following you fish theme!! :lol: ) of a lot more than I do now to justify it.
Love your color selection and patterns. Keep up the good work, girl!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply