Got my New Toy!!!

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

Justme

Got my New Toy!!!

Post by Justme »

Well, it is too expensive to really be a "toy", but . . . :lol:

After waiting 2 1/2 weeks, my new Bernina finally arrived!!!! The first time I have ever had my "Own" machine. Have sewn since I was 8, but always used others machines or hand-me-down machines. It doesn't have an embrodery modual, yet, but will do almost anything else!

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Even though I do not sew.....:beer: ......:lol:

Have fun with it!!
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Congrats Justme, what fun! Do post some of the items you make for our enjoyment.
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Woooo-Hooooo!!! :D :D :D :D

Is it the new Bernina with the optical mouse foot for free-form quilting??? If it is, I am SOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!

I know what you mean about calling it a toy . . . kind of like men and their expensive 'toys'.

Can I come give it a test drive??? :D :D
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Okay, you have to share more about it now, just can't say you got a bernina and leave it at that! Jealous, is way to kind of word! :lol:

I've not even let myself look at the new machines they've put out this year! Please tell more! ? What model, so we can check out this new 'toy'! Hey men have expensive 'toys' too, so yes, it's a toy. Remember the old adage, 'The girl with the most toys when she dies, WINS!' :lol: :lol: :lol: We changed it, just for you! :)

Congrats!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

I think Tami is so busy sewing on her new BERNINA she doesn't have time to tell us about it!!! :lol:

C'mon Tami, take a break!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
JaneG
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Jane, I think you are right! :lol:

But just as long as she takes pics of what it can, like you did when you got your new machine, we'll forgive her huh? :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

I guess we will... :lol:
JaneG
Justme

Post by Justme »

YES! It is the one with the optical mouse :D . Very Cool 8-) . It is the 440 QE. Bernina had a sale last month. 20% off and 1 year no payments or financing, so I went for it. (Actually have been worked 1/2 to death the last month, not having time to sew that much, that is where I have been when not on 'puter :cry: )

Lets see, 192 (or so) built in stitches and you can mirror them. A 90 stitch pattern memory. Hands free (a knee bar or a heel tap on the foot peddle) to lift the pressure foot. And if you unplug the food peddle there is a start and stop button you could use instead on the machine. (mainly used with said optical mouse foot)

It has a jack/USB port for downloading embrodery patterns - for next year with I get that accessory :wink:

But, I figure I have a lot of fabric to buy, even with the new machine, to match the DH's Harley :lol:

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
Kas

Post by Kas »

Ok, Tami. I really AM jealous! I test drove the Aurora at my local dealer and no matter how much I hinted or begged DH said no. I think the $3200 price tag was just too much. It was $3999 with the embroidery unit. We just got out of debt except for the house and his car is about done for, so I can see his concern. But I was still pi**ed at him for a while. I think I was mad a t him because I was having a devil of a time with the tension on my machine in the free motion quilting mode and he said he didn't want to spend five grand for a new machine and have it do the same thing. I told him about the BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) on the new Aurora and he asked me how much it was. I said I didn't know and then went to check it out the next day! :lol: :lol: Give me an inch... So what does it sound like he was saying to you all? I am over it now. I finally fixed my Pfaff and got Ben's quilt done and my free motion stitches were pretty darn even! Even if I do say so myself.

Congrats on your new baby, Tami!

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Justme

Post by Justme »

KAS: congratulations on finishing Bens quilt. Have you finished the Wedding Ring Quilts?

I almost backed out of getting the new machine becouse of the cost, even on sale. And I was getting fairly good free motion results on the old kenmore. But the old machine only has straight and zig-zag stitches. Nothing else. And I can pay for it with overtime if I need to do so.

Plus, stupid me, I thought all "name" machines, Bernina, Viking, Pfaff. . . were about the same price ranges. Tells you I didn't look further than the Optic Mouse once I saw it :lol: There was a Pfaff dealer at the sewing/quilting show last month (had just ordered my Bernina a few days prior), and they had their quilting machine set up on a "long arm" frame. The entire set up was $200 less than my machine! And it did have an attachment to regulate stitches.

We need to see pictures of Ben and Bens quilt.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
Kas

Post by Kas »

Hey, Tami!

No, I still haven't finished the wedding rings. :-? I have been lazy lately. Not to mention the vomiting husband, children and me! I am almost done with my parents' quilt. I do have the batting cut and the backing. So really I could quilt the inlaws' quilt as that is all it is waiting for.

I will resize the pics I took of Ben on his new quilt as soon as I can figure out how to access them again. The mother board on our old CPU crapped out and we lost a lot of stuff. I don't know where our photo program is or how to get it to open. I used to be able to just put the memory chip into a port and the program opened. Now it doesn't. And we have a trojan horse that we can't get rid of. I am not having fun in the computer department at present. This too shall pass.

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
New Topic Post Reply