57 days 'til Christmas?! HELP!!

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

If they are coffee drinkers you can really do some cute stuff, put in a package of unusual coffee, or several small samples, along with a chocolate spoon, coffee cups, some liquor that goes good with coffee, a coffee bean grinder, etc.

Have fun! I wish I was already working on my Xhristmas list. I am one of those that waits till the first of December.

Ginger
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Theme baskets are a great idea. I have a friend who hosts a Euchre party/tournament every winter and she makes up three baskets for the top three finishers. Last year she did a Mexican one, an Italian one, and .....hmmm...I forget the other one. They are always big hits and the possibilities are endless.

As to the Knitting/crochetting thing.....my DD learned how to knit from a friend in college, so she's been at it now for about 3 yrs. and loves to knit!! She no longer makes fun of my being a member of a gardening forum with forum friends , because she is now a member of several knitting forums and has forum friends. She is even doing a yarn exchange with someone in Indiana....just like when we do plant exchanges. :wink: Right now she is attempting to teach herself how to crochet. I think it's a "lost art" that is currently being revived. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Kellie,
I made gifts for everyone for years and years. I've done sewing, crocheting, quilting, dollmaking, floral design, cake decorating, you name it. My family is huge...just under 70 of us altogether, between my siblings and their progeny. We haven't done gifts in a very long time, except for once in a while something special. My youngest nieces (younger than most of my grandhildren!) made polar fleece throws last year for all of their aunts and uncles. That was a pleasant surprise. I usually try to make them each something special, because they were so far behind the rest of the cousins that they missed out on all those big family gift fests we used to have. Not that we emphasized gift-giving over all else, but it was a wonderful part of the day. In our family, handmade gifts have always been the most special. Anyway, a couple of years ago I had to give up most of my crafting due to a bad back, and so crocheting is about all I still do. This year I'm too busy doing all the arrangements for my dad's wedding to make any gifts, but all the stuff I'm doing for the wedding is my gift to my whole family. I'll think about what to do for my grandkids after the wedding is over.
LG, I've been crocheting since I was about 6 or 7 years old...and I love to do it. I guess there is a big revival of knitting and crocheting lately among the younger kids. My grandaughters were thrilled to spend some time with a great aunt and learn to knit. One of them took to it like a duck to water, and she has turned out some amazing things.
Patsue, I love your ornament potholders. I think I'll drag out some yarn as soon as the wedding is over and give those a whirl.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Linda, I've had 2 more people at work put in orders for several sets of those things! :eek: I'm going to be crocheting nonstop for the next month to get them all done but the $$ will help set off my Christmas expenses which just went up with the news that DD in the Navy is bringing her Marine boyfriend home for Christmas. Just what do you give to a man you've never met and know virtually nothing about??
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

He's a guy!! Give him food!!!!!!
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

My sister and I sometimes do homemades for each other. The last thing I made for her was a pieced/quilted table runner. And I also made one for myself. Mine is the blue one, and hers is the green.

The cutest and a lot of fun thing I did was christmas tree ornaments for my co workers. This is a Christmas Rabbit Angel. CHAR
Attachments
Christmas rabbit 12-25-04 007a.JPG
-a.JPG
bl.,gr. runner.jpg
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Those table runners are gorgeous! The bunny is adorable! :D My goal is to be done with the potholders by Dec. 1 so I can make the stocking caps from the pattern KellieD gave me. DS spotted a pattern in my binder for a baby afghan with a panda on the front and he's begging me to make that for his girlfriend who loves Pandas! :eek:
I told him we might negotiate that for her birthday in the spring!
New Topic Post Reply